EJ's ratchet strap system

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Thats the best I could come up with for mounting the straps, SS is a beeatch to drill at home. BTW, I got the bracket backing plate made out of a piece of 1/4" AL just as we talked with no probs, even did the big hole.

Last edited:

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Someone needs to make a hood with an intent right in the middle, so that you can place the ratchet in the middle of the hood. Kinda like if you were to used a ratchet on a stock hood RN hood with the fire extinguisher holder removed.

If the ratchet were in the middle, there is a way less chance of foot and leg carnage.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Very cool strap EJ, so far it is holding up to everything myself and mother nature can throw at it! It works great with my new Waterdawg hood.

Frosty

New York Crew
Very cool strap EJ, so far it is holding up to everything myself and mother nature can throw at it! It works great with my new Waterdawg hood.

x2

I'm loving this set up... after three months of riding i have not had one problem. and it works great with the 24/7 front foothold.

Attachments

• SP_A0545.jpg
    SP_A0545.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 127

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I have been running straps for 4 years now. Nothing has ever broke and I have never hit the ratchet or lost my hood!

EJ's system one-ups mine for sure. Ditching the stock latch and the 2 in 1 is genious! Stock latches suck farts. Mine is a bit of overkill.

1_DSCN0408.JPG

1_DSCN0407.JPG

Last edited:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
EJ's brapstrap is sick!!! I just put it on my new superjet and it works flawlessly. It looks practically stock and I would be affraid to ride a ski without it. Picks comming soon

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
EJ's brapstrap is sick!!! I just put it on my new superjet and it works flawlessly. It looks practically stock and I would be affraid to ride a ski without it. Picks comming soon
I love mine, and I land wrong way too often, never a worry about the hood.

WAB

salty nuts
I'm been using one for a couple of months now on my squarenose and like it. I think I'll move the ratchet to the side and still run the latch though. Seems the hood could get knocked to the side with straps only. The straps do hold the hood down tight, but don't limit side to side movement as well as a latch.

Last edited:

butti

lone wolf
I'm been using one for a couple of months now on my squarenose and like it. I think I'll move the ratchet to the side and still run the latch though. Seems the hood could get knocked to the side with straps only. The straps do hold the hood down tight, but don't limit side to side movement as well as a latch.

if you run two straps you will get no side to side movement

stanton

High on jetskis.

its true that it will slip to the side if its not cranked super tight(like it should be) i run a peice of turf on my hood for the strap to hold onto but ej includes a bracket that holds the strap on the hood.
my ski landed on the hood from 10+foot today and it didnt move.:Banane09:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
its true that it will slip to the side if its not cranked super tight(like it should be) i run a peice of turf on my hood for the strap to hold onto but ej includes a bracket that holds the strap on the hood.
my ski landed on the hood from 10+foot today and it didnt move.:Banane09:
And here I thought that was my best trick......:woot:

Top Bottom