Freestyle End of the road for me....

If your kids or some youngsters get involved with you and your skis, you'll have all the motivation you need to keep riding. My nephew lit a fire under my ass, & we spend every weekend since the last Daytona freeride riding or wrenching or glassing. I feel its an old timers duty to pass it on & keep it alive if nothing else. Real stand up riders ride & support for life. We are all physically busted and broken at some point. The only way to failure is to quit. Its all a test. Just keep on trying - the spirit is alive if you want it to be

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
OMG, the horror, someone might stop a hobby and had the balls to mention it in public.

Hobbies/sports come and go.

I used to be a scuba instructor and did over 300 dives in 1993 but haven't dove in around 17 years now.

I used to play indoor soccer but after rolling both ankles badly twice each within 6 months and talking to my sports medicine doctor decided to give it up.

I used to have a hopped up Go-Ped and rode all over my neighborhood and took it with me on trips but got bored and sold it.

I used to mess around with r/c trucks but our kids never really got into it so I sold everything.

I used to jetski (and may again in the future) but everyone that rode around here had moved on to other sports and we just don't have great places to ride like other places I've lived, so I sold it and have moved on to mountain biking since I live 1.5 miles from a trail system.

Make decisions based on what is best for you, not what a bunch of guys online say.

Last edited:
I think that if you start a thread titled "End of the road for me..." on a forum full of adrenaline stand up ski riding junkies...well what would you expect? Stand up skis are a way of life for a lot of us. Losing someone that rides is like losing family.

If I really wanted out, I'd just list it on CL and be done. Stuff like this stirrs emotion cuz we all go through the pain and the broken parts. Some keep going - some quit.

From the earlier replies, it seems like this thread has been inspiring for him. I use the X for the same reason and I'm grateful for it.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I think that if you start a thread titled "End of the road for me..." on a forum full of adrenaline stand up ski riding junkies...well what would you expect? Stand up skis are a way of life for a lot of us. Losing someone that rides is like losing family.

If I really wanted out, I'd just list it on CL and be done. Stuff like this stirrs emotion cuz we all go through the pain and the broken parts. Some keep going - some quit.

From the earlier replies, it seems like this thread has been inspiring for him. I use the X for the same reason and I'm grateful for it.

tumblr_m2v179QZrI1qmaz5vo1_500.gif

tumblr_m7ym5yDLxf1qiyde3.gif

tumblr_inline_mhyph6RBoY1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_miaeynVCCO1qz4rgp.gif

Last edited:
I think it just reminds us that we all have a limit number of rides before age or injuries forces us to stop. The one thing I love more then anythig is duck hunting ive been hunting with my dad for 19 years. This year he only went out with me three times, compared to 15 last year. He says its to cold and its to much work for him now he would rather sleep in. This coming from the guy who would wake me up at 4AM on a school dad and say get ready your not going to school today lets go brake some ice and kill some ducks. He loved it just as much as I do and if someone with the passion he had could lose interest it could happen to anyone. This scares the hell out of me.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
oxycodone, and if that doesnt help try hydromorphone
then go ride!!!

Takes 2 weeks to become addicted to narcotics. Narcotics should only be used for the initial injury on scene or up to stabilization w/in a few days. Our society really abuses narcotics.

I'm sure he was joking, but if he was serious, worse advice on the thread.

Injuries do take the joy out of things and we do this stuff to have fun and the rush. I am soon to be a 50 year old man. My body is beat up from dirtbikes , raodracing and years of abuse. My son and I started riding standups last year and really enjoyed it. We have been wrenching and glassing all Winter and can't wait for Spring.

What is somewhat ironic is that part of the appeal in my case was the ski seemed safer than falling of dirtbikes. Do what makes you happy and enjoy the ride.

To the op, if you feel you need to take the bench for a little while than do so. Sounds like a rough string of injuries for sure! After all that I think it would be best for you to take the time to heal and maybe get into some physical therapy so you can heal properly. But, I think you'll be back eventually. Although not as severe as you, I had a shoulder and hand injury on my motorcycle in october. My shoulder hurts like hell to ride my bike again, jet skiing probably will hurt much more. It's not going to stop me though. Good luck to you!

Since your a self professed expert on everything from Skis to TransAms. Can you sniff my ass and tell me what I ate for breakfast?

my dog doesnt know much about skis or trans am, but i know he is smarter then some buzzard. :censored:

Top Bottom