Freestyle Engine blew-10 hours into it- who is @ fault?

Why must somebody be at fault ? parts fail even in stock engines let alone a modified one.

To blame an engine builder for a part that failed that he did not make and in a modified engine is just wrong. If someone wants a warranty leave it stock.

Some Taiwan rods and Chinese bearings are being sold as better than Japanese parts , lets not not forget Taiwan is in the R.O.C. The Republic Of CHINA.

To clear the air.
Bob ended up getting the motor covered 80% by a combination of me and remi(estimating the %... This is going back almost a year now)

Remi stood up and took care of machine work for cost too.

Bob covered 20%
He's all set. Rode the last part of last season, and is happy as a clam again.

As for you blaster, I sent you back a message over a month ago, no reply. I wish you told me sooner then multiple YEARS later, but maybe we can work something out? Maybe some free parts? Don't know if maybe your building something else. Maybe another engine or cases or something ? Don't know. Anyways haven't heard back from you yet. Send me a message when you see this. Hopefully we can sort something. Wish again I knew sooner then multiple years later. Would have solved it for you long ago but can't solve something I don't know about.

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
As an engine builder I will say this.
I will not cover any rod falure on any high performance engine.
Reason I won't cover rod failure is simple.
1- have no control over the fuel you run. How many hours has your fuel scene sunlight. What color is your gas can.
What your timing curve look like.
What oil ratio did you mix the fuel at, did you use a ratio rite and mix your fuel exactly the same every time as to not affect jetting.
What your rev limiter set at.
Did you adjust the carbs and lean the engine down.
Did you use a synthetic oil to break it in.
How many cooking lines and what temp is engine running at.
Did you change the spark plugs to different type or heat range.
Anyone of those could cause rod failure and I have no way of knowing what you did.

Spend the money up front for the best parts and you won't take it in the back.

tntsuperjet

Oh I forgot to mention detonation is number one rod killer.
Your gas in a clear gas can for two hours and your begging for rod or piston failure

tntsuperjet

Gas looses octain very quickly exposed to ultraviolet light
91 is 87 in 3-4 hours of exposed light. That means even in none direct sunlight.
Remember a solar panel works on cloudy rainy day because light still gets through. Yes it's less light but still damages your gas.
Clear gas cans are the number one engine killer world wide.
But not all colored gas cans are UV stable.
So have a black out bag made for your cans.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Holy crap i've been riding for like 7 years and I never heard that never knew that.

I'm literally like
ipbfw6.jpg

I just did a little googling and I can't find much info on it. I believe you, but would like to read more. Do you have any references/ links?

Last edited:
Wow I'm blown away as well by this! I knew gas had a shelf life, but did not realize that if it was exposed directly to sunlight it would be toast in a matter of hours. I did a little googling as well and couldn't find a solid answer except that it does degrade over time.

tntsuperjet

How many times have you heard the last ride on Sunday my ride blew up and it was running awesome right before it blew.
Wel lower octain gas burns faster then high octain.
But it doesn't burn with stability and detonation starts.
Remember detonation is not audible to the human ear till you reach 80% plus detonation.

At 35% you are causing engine damage.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I've run gas in my ski that sat out all winter. It had water in it because it absorbs water plus the temp changes. Etc.

So I ended up with water in my carbs. But it ran.

tntsuperjet

FYI your water most likely came from the Oxegenation compounds added to the fuel.
Most oxidizer a come from methanol based distillate.
Methanol is 80% water.
So once the blending agents deminish the water seperates from fuel.
Or if it's really cold the bonding agents will fail causing same issue.

CRJ

Hibernating
one of the reasons im still running a stock head. I can run almost anything through it without a problem.

Top Bottom