Erickson performance input...help

Yeah man I will come out and say Eric has been nothing but a stand up guy and actually fixed huge issues from a big time builder on this forum that I will not name because I know how politics go on here and Facebook. A lesson learned and I will leave it at that. There is bunch of history in new jersey with people pointing fingers with different stories and experiences. Eric is a great builder and rebuilt my engines and delivered exactly when he said he would have it ready, walked me through all the issues he found from the previous builder neglected step by step with photos and proof, got nothing but respect for the guy and appreciation taking me on as a client.

Weighing in late here, but is a negative Facebook post the best way to get Mark's attention? I dealt with him previously and he was great, then I sent him $500 for a couple of waterboxes a year and a half ago. He kept promising to send them, then quit responding and has gone totally quiet. I've called and texted dozens of times for over a year, and have been nothing but nice, with no response. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Weighing in late here, but is a negative Facebook post the best way to get Mark's attention? I dealt with him previously and he was great, then I sent him $500 for a couple of waterboxes a year and a half ago. He kept promising to send them, then quit responding and has gone totally quiet. I've called and texted dozens of times for over a year, and have been nothing but nice, with no response. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?
giphy.gif

From what I gathered from this thread and my one experience with him, is if you don’t live close by him or in the area, it’s less likely you will get good service. I mean how hard is it to respond to a text or email? I think guys like him don’t think there are repercussions for their actions and don’t mind screwing someone over if they think they can get away with it. That’s why he has quite a few people saying he has been nothing but great to them. I’m sure he probably has: he wants to keep those customers. Yet he doesn’t mind losing others. It’s a poor way to run a business.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
It's Waterdawg all over again ,if you like to roll the dice go for it , who knows maybe you will get lucky .

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
From things I've heard, pretty sure this is still how WDK runs things.
You know I hate to say it but the Jet ski industry is about the only industry you could get away with those type of business practices.
It all boils down to the turnover rate , while I have no idea what the turnover rate is in the standup community on sitdowns I have determined it to be every four years , there are exceptions of course but pretty much every four years you have all new customers.

You don't really see that kind of turnover on ,motorcycles, ATVs or UTVs those guys tend to be customers for a long long time, you defiantly don't see it in small engines because everyone has to cut grass.

Last edited:

Myself

manic mechanic
I don't have a dog in this race........BUT, it's very sad about the way people run business these days. I've come to the conclusion that anybody under the age of 40 has a real hard time simply returning a call/text/e-mail. My wife runs my office at the shop. Even if we haven't looked at a machine, or figured an estimate yet.......she will RETURN A CALL!!! Even if it's just to let a customer know that we got the message and we'll get back to them later in the week.
I had to put a new roof on my house last year......ONLY 2 of the 8 or 10 contractors actually came out to give an estimate. And the one we went with was from about 60 miles away!!! I guess the local boys couldn't be bothered to come give me a price and let me stick ca$h money in their pocket??!!
It seems to just be the way people run business these days but I assure you.......those folks WON'T get any of my money!

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I have a policy if your hard to deal with or contact when i'm trying to buy how is it going to be when i want warranty. When we started our company we were quite clear we will treat people the way we expect to be treated. That's why we will always return emails and we will always stand behind our products. I guess i'm a little older

I don't have a dog in this race........BUT, it's very sad about the way people run business these days. I've come to the conclusion that anybody under the age of 40 has a real hard time simply returning a call/text/e-mail. My wife runs my office at the shop. Even if we haven't looked at a machine, or figured an estimate yet.......she will RETURN A CALL!!! Even if it's just to let a customer know that we got the message and we'll get back to them later in the week.
I had to put a new roof on my house last year......ONLY 2 of the 8 or 10 contractors actually came out to give an estimate. And the one we went with was from about 60 miles away!!! I guess the local boys couldn't be bothered to come give me a price and let me stick ca$h money in their pocket??!!
It seems to just be the way people run business these days but I assure you.......those folks WON'T get any of my money!
I would agree that the business management experts in the roofing-construction industry is a great way to generalize all business owners under the age of 40. o_O

Top Bottom