ET 967 Tuning Thread

This is what I am running with the Zeel on a ET967, dual 46s, PFP pipe, and 180psi.

Jetting:
2.3 n&s
110 main
120 pilot
95 gram spring

Zeel:
18* at 1000rpm
33* at 1800rpm through 5400rpm
26* at 5500rpm
19* at 6000rpm
14* at 7000rpm

Never get into the high range due to all the power being down low. Hope this helps...

This is what I am running with the Zeel on a ET967, dual 46s, PFP pipe, and 180psi.

Jetting:
2.3 n&s
110 main
120 pilot
95 gram spring

Zeel:
18* at 1000rpm
33* at 1800rpm through 5400rpm
26* at 5500rpm
19* at 6000rpm
14* at 7000rpm

Never get into the high range due to all the power being down low. Hope this helps...
Wow, quite different than what ET suggested for my ski (identical setup/components):

125 pilot
135 Main
2.3N/S
115g spring (17-18psi popoff)

I just ordered my engine so I can't comment on how it runs till Spring/Summer. I'll let you guys know how it goes in April/May :)

Wow, quite different than what ET suggested for my ski (identical setup/components):

125 pilot
135 Main
2.3N/S

I just ordered my engine so I can't comment on how it runs till Spring/Summer. I'll let you guys know how it goes in April/May :)
Funny, Art originally told me 125p and 120m. Gave that a try, but was definitely fat and slugish. I got the jetting spec from someone local who has built a few of these motors, and 120p and 110m was the recommendation which seems to have been spot on. This is also in Florida / Sea level, so don't know if it changes for where you might be. The piston wash in spot on.

joecef

Live fast, Die Fat

125 pilot
135 Main
2.3N/S

Art told me the same set up he told uou. But I’m running 48’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125 pilot
135 Main
2.3N/S

I do believe builders give a basic starting point, which is just that, a starting point. I have noticed with a few friends that have gotten specs for other motors from builders that where way fat, but I guess it is better to be fat than lean.

I do believe builders give a basic starting point, which is just that, a starting point. I have noticed with a few friends that have gotten specs for other motors from builders that where way fat, but I guess it is better to be fat than lean.
Without a doubt, you don't recommend the "perfect" jetting to a customer because it's nearly impossible. Too many variables with different quality fuel they use, elevation, water temps, pump loading, etc.

As long as it's reasonably close I can fine tune. I just don't want to get my ski on the water and it barely runs with the recommended jetting.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

joecef

Live fast, Die Fat
Anyone running oem 155 with the 967? I would like to know what pitch people are running.

I’m running a stock 155 with a cut back 6/11 I believe. I have it all written down. But if you scroll through this thread, it’s been mentioned. I was going through a tuning process this passed summer.

Well then you may as well go to the 897x comp engine for $200 more. I personally went with the 967 because I do not want to deal with +10mm stroked cranks due to the increased frequency of rebuilds and associated rebuild cost.

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Anyone ever asked art what he gets for a new crank? He builds his own these days. I also wonder if he does rebuilds? Gotta be cheaper then a $900 normal crank rebuild right?

Top Bottom