Factory B Free Style Setup? - Water Screws

down here in the humid south, gils setup works great. top open a smidge and the rest closed. guessing pipes might be a little like carbs, depends on where you live what setup actually works

Im not a factory B pipe fan at this point.

I agree I would run a speedwerx freestyle pipe in a heart beat. And I will when I find one. But for now Art told me to set the top 3/4 to 1-1/4 out and the bottom just a shade less than .5 out. He told me to adjust it so that it would steam water at half throttle runs. So I had to adjust the top screw to get it to do that and the power seems to come on right as the throttle opens. BUT I have not had time to play with it to see how it will run with less water.

Mine are all closed :laugh2:

Are they really? You posted a rolling laugh??? I have a limited chamber with a complete water jacket welded around it. I can run it with the water fittings hooked up and it would be a dry pipe with 0 water inside. I was thinking about trying that to see how it would hit completely dry. Currently I don't have the water lines hooked up but I have only ran 10 gallons through this motor. I am still getting used to Art's magic that he does.

I was told that the pipe should have water dance off of it for a few seconds after a WOT run. So that should be 300+ degrees. Then after a few seconds the water should stick to the pipe and boil which would be around the 220ish but after a 1/2 throttle run or just brapping around jumping waves it should steam water but not make it boil.

Just what I was told.

ShAkEdOwN

Armada Racing
I agree I would run a speedwerx freestyle pipe in a heart beat. And I will when I find one. But for now Art told me to set the top 3/4 to 1-1/4 out and the bottom just a shade less than .5 out. He told me to adjust it so that it would steam water at half throttle runs.

This is very close to the way mine is set and it rips. Steams at about 1/4 throttle.

skatebros

it's just a habit
jet works modified my pipe so the bottom jet shoots right down the pipe horizontally. i have that one opened, and i'm not sure about the rest, but my pipe never sizzles.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Funny all these way people are setting there pipes and getting so defensive
If it works for you then thats fine
I have done extensive testing as well i am very happy with the way my b-pipes run

What ever works for you is good

mouthful-o-flake, dont get your panties all bunched up.

i thought you were able to take a little funnin'.

now i know that you can not.

my bad.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I just toy with it until it feels stronger.

Seat of the pants testing is very hard to do, because you typically have a bias/feeling of what will work best.

The only true way to test this that I can think of would be an acceleration/g-force graph. Even doing dyno runs is questionable because the water pressure the pipe sees depends on your pump/intake grate/etc setup.

Test it, and run it how it feels best to you.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I can say for sure..

on a 61x stock, OR with more compression.

the top screw makes the pipe suck balls.

there is alot to the pressure, line size, and routing.

but I swapped a coffman sizzler for a B pipe, and it isnt making nearly as much power.

I have to modify an allen wrench to adjust the bottom screw with the headpipe installed.

I initially ran top screw at 2.5 turns out, all other screws closed.

it ran like a 650 on ONE cylinder.

I closed the top to .5 turns and melted a hose off. [ but ALMOST as strong as the coffman pipe]

i opened the mid to 1/4 turn, with the top at 1/2 turns and its running, and NOT melting hoses.

but it still wouldnt outrun a fat chick without a paddle....

Im not a factory B pipe fan at this point.
Double check all hoses, bolts and clamps from your installation. For the first "on-water" test of your new Factory Pipe we recommend closing the top and middle adjustment screws and opening the bottom screw 3/4 turn out from closed. This setting will be more water than is required but will provide a good starting point to test the pipe.

Ride the watercraft for several minutes while varying the throttle position. Put the boat through a long series of slalom turns keeping the engine loaded. Hit the kill switch or pull the lanyard and let the boat come to a stop. Open the engine cover as quick as possible and check the pipe temperature by splashing water on the chamber body directly after the headpipe coupler. The water should lightly sizzle for the first few inches on the chamber body. If the water does not sizzle, close the bottom adjustment screw 1/8 turn and retest. If the water sizzles rapidly, open the bottom screw 1/4 turn and retest.

This set up will provide the best top end performance for your watercraft. With the pipe adjusted as stated above, open the top screw 1/4 turn. This will cool the exhaust in the headpipe and provide better bottom end performance at the expense of some top-end. This would be an ideal setting for running slalom or a tight buoy course. If you want a change that is somewhere in the middle of the two settings, close the top screw and open the middle screw 1/4 turn or add another 1/8 turn to the bottom screw. Some engines may react differently from the above. For example, while testing the 650 Super Jet we found that we gained top end performance by running the top screw open and the others closed. You may use any combination of the three screws to achieve the desired performance. However, AT LEAST ONE SCREW MUST REMAIN OPEN AT ALL TIMES TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE PIPE.

If your running a 650 the settings may be different. opening the top screw on the 650 actually made better top end power. read above.

Last edited:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
when I get a chance to ride it again, ill try my modified allen wrench to reach the bottom adjuster.

and I will attempt to dry it out even more, ive noticed its much quieter than other B piped Skis, which leads me to believe its running with more water.

And SFL, I can take 'funnin' all day long, but blatant insults are not 'funnin' but rather some feeble attempt to try and make yourself feel better about the multiple inadequacies that you possess.

I personally could'nt care less about you, you are rarely helpful, and even rarer yet are you actually humorous.

flake,

im very sorry to have "blatantly insulted" your sizzler.

im sure youre sorry about "blatantly insulting" the "sheeple" that have had great luck with their b pipes.

are you done crying yet?

Top Bottom