Fall LSFR 2011 Roll call

Melmack

(Timothy)
Roll call. Let me know if I need to make any changes. This is what we have so far. Not bad for last minute.

Attending:

Yamahammer
Bonzia Bob
Melmack
BBYamaha
Bwizzie
JeffX2&SX
Martin33
skinnyman
QuickMick
The Penguin
liquidforce5010
smoofers
Shackleton
Blaster Smith
DonkoP
texh20racer
BB9KS2K
bobob729
SQUARE JOEL!!!
SXR723 aka "different Bill" :)
NelsonLt1

Maybees/not sure:

Roadhazardguy
Murdock
TJLsuperjet

Last edited:

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Myself and Bill will probably make it out there. We will probably just make a long day trip out of it, but it depends on how much whiskey we consume.

Melmack

(Timothy)
That's not allowed and you know it! Chris and I will probably have a room. You are welcome to crash there. We plan on hitting that bar again. Should be fun.

Your talking about subseawellhead right?

Last edited:

Melmack

(Timothy)
Directions to the ride:

As far as I know, we will be riding just north of Stanek Drive. That's where we rode last time because of the condo. Staneck Dr. is .5 miles north of The town of Surfside Beach, just past the last condos. I have yet to get the details on camping/permits ext. Last time we just pulled up and camped. If you are coming from San Antonio or Austin, Don't take the "Short cut" through all the towns and back roads. You will save probably two hours by heading all the way to Houston then down. It takes forever through those towns. Trust Mapquest on this one.

Let me know if you guys would rather put in around the jetty. The surf could be flat and there's a large port there. Could hit some large wakes there just like Port A. I'll look into the rules for camping/launching in town. Keep checking back for updates.

Last edited:

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
That's not allowed and you know it! Chris and I will probably have a room. You are welcome to crash there. We plan on hitting that bar again. Should be fun.

Your talking about subseawellhead right?

No its a different Bill. You have met him though. I think Subsea said he was not going too be able to make it this year.

Melmack

(Timothy)
OK, here's the scoop on Surfside beach rules. The city is dose not allow camping within the city limits. This is fine because the freeride spot is just outside that limit. The limit ends just north of Stanek drive where the last rent house 'Calypso' is. This is where we have designated to ride anyway. There appears to be no rules against launching anywhere but you cannot drive all the way down to the jetty. If the surf stays flat, we will have to look for a ramp to get into the channel. I'm on it.

OK, looks like there is access to the channel but it's right next to the coast guard station. I'm gonna pass on that idea and stick to whatever surf we are given.

BTW, who's camping? Chris and I can't decide to hotel it or camp.

Last edited:
Reports so far...
Friday
Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots becoming east 5 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet.
Friday Night
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less.
Saturday
East winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet.
Saturday Night
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet.
Sunday
East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet.

Last edited:

Melmack

(Timothy)
I think we are camping Friday night or coming in early Saturday morning and hotelling it on the beach somewhere Saturday night. Just depends when we can get off work Friday. Make sure you camp in the right spot.

Tim im coming in friday to meet up with chris and u. but im down for leaving that night or the next morning. Hoping to be there by 4 to 5 friday if not sooner

Last edited:
Top Bottom