FFF wants to build a hull with a chasis

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
They have mentioned in there other thread that they will answer any questions you have. You just have to call or email them.

I saw the first version's at WaveDaze way back in April. Im not at all trying to bash them, i think it's a great setup company the guys are all very nice and professional. But the one's i saw riding at WD when landing tricks you could see the hull flex from the beach. It looked painful to say the least. The hulls quality is great of course. But i just don't see adding a cage to the mix being a game changer. I think it will be a cool alternative to the what? 100 plus AM hull makers now? or just another option. And lets be real this stuff is not cheap. You can't expect them to just hand hulls out for 2500 bucks. That's the problem with this sport most everyone wants stuff for yard sale price. If you want a hull with a cage in it that you can swap decks out on the beach created by a quality company you can't cry for it to be cheap that idea alone sounds north of 6k.

Ducky

Back in the game!
They have mentioned in there other thread that they will answer any questions you have. You just have to call or email them.

But why not answer questions to the masses? I dont have time to waste calling everyone who has a product I might be interested in based on how they answer my questions.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Geeze, give them a break. My assumption is more than likely they aren’t answering questions because the design is still in prototype / early production stage. They may still be making tweaks to it. They probably can’t answer questions regarding price, weight, strength, types of material, exc, exc, exc, exc, b/c it’s a prototype and the answer may change as the prototype changes. Let them finish the darn thing first. You guys are going apesh1t over an artistic rendering lol

DAG

@Matt Jones do you know anyone that bought a V1? As far as i'm concerned it was a prototype and the same statement holds true.

In the end they arnt forcing anyone to buy them. Nor are they obligated to answer anyone's question. Not how I would go about marketing but I'm no expert. They have a line up of tour dates, perhaps the ride will sell itself.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
They didnt answer anything about the V1 hull either.

What questions could you possibly want answered?

First things first I wouldn't buy a v1 of anything. First year car, machine, iPod, etc. A savvy consumer buys the latest greatest once it reaches a point that it's worth buying.

Also generically speaking, If there is any good/long lasting/game changing about anything tech wise it will be a long time coming and will be known good product by that point. The info will be readily available and you won't be having an anxiety attack waiting for questions to be answered

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
A number of us like the racing scene, and the freeride scene, and the flatwater scene. I don't see a chassis hull as a game changer in any one discipline. However, being able to change hulls could be the game changer they claim. A person could have a SXR based hull during the flat summer, and swap the chassis into a freeride based hull during the surfs up winter.

It wouldn't be as big of a deal to spend $6000 on a chassis based hull if you could buy different decks for the price of a $1000 kayak. Much less of a problem as compared to buying a $6000 freak and a $6000 bullet and getting all itchy modifying a blaster, then having issues with different configurations. A more versatile hull could be popular among some people. It'd be cool to drop coin into one nice driveline, and one nice chassis, then have a small investment into SJ, SXR, X2, B1 based decks.

I don't think it would put the other manufactures out of business without putting out a superior product at a lower cost, but I do think it could help bring together people from different niches if done correctly.

I wont believe that it'll work out that way until I see it, but I like to be optimistic in my assumptions sometimes.

I saw the first version's at WaveDaze way back in April. Im not at all trying to bash them, i think it's a great setup company the guys are all very nice and professional. But the one's i saw riding at WD when landing tricks you could see the hull flex from the beach. It looked painful to say the least. The hulls quality is great of course. But i just don't see adding a cage to the mix being a game changer. I think it will be a cool alternative to the what? 100 plus AM hull makers now? or just another option. And lets be real this stuff is not cheap. You can't expect them to just hand hulls out for 2500 bucks. That's the problem with this sport most everyone wants stuff for yard sale price. If you want a hull with a cage in it that you can swap decks out on the beach created by a quality company you can't cry for it to be cheap that idea alone sounds north of 6k.

Exactly. It's a blow-molded plastic hull. Their advertising is misleading people to think flexibility is strength.

And let me ask... what on earth would make anyone want to swap decks with someone on the beach? Why not just ride the other persons ski?

Let's say they sell 50 hulls, that's 1 per state; or even 200 hulls, that's 4 per state. What are the chances of meeting someone on the same beach, ramp, etc with the same hull who would want to go through the effort of swapping decks?

Also, with swappable decks for flat, surf, racing, you would have to disconnect and reconnect
cables, bilge, water lines, etc just to swap a deck...

Not to be a downer on this hull specifically or any other new hull, but there are too many AM hulls and not enough innovation in enhancing the 1990's tech that this sport can't seem to let go of.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I bet you wouldnt have to disconnect waterlines, etc. Still think it'll be a bit of work to swap. I like the idea, want to see the finished product

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
They were talking about swappable bottom decks. Your top deck would stay the same. If it had a chassis the engine and pump mounted to you could swap the bottom deck easy enough to a shorter flatwater hull, back to surf length.

Half flip95

Formerly pondracer95
A number of us like the racing scene, and the freeride scene, and the flatwater scene. I don't see a chassis hull as a game changer in any one discipline. However, being able to change hulls could be the game changer they claim. A person could have a SXR based hull during the flat summer, and swap the chassis into a freeride based hull during the surfs up winter.

It wouldn't be as big of a deal to spend $6000 on a chassis based hull if you could buy different decks for the price of a $1000 kayak. Much less of a problem as compared to buying a $6000 freak and a $6000 bullet and getting all itchy modifying a blaster, then having issues with different configurations. A more versatile hull could be popular among some people. It'd be cool to drop coin into one nice driveline, and one nice chassis, then have a small investment into SJ, SXR, X2, B1 based decks.

I don't think it would put the other manufactures out of business without putting out a superior product at a lower cost, but I do think it could help bring together people from different niches if done correctly.

I wont believe that it'll work out that way until I see it, but I like to be optimistic in my assumptions sometimes.

i dont think a triple will fit in a freak...

to utilize the versatility of the hull you would have to get really fancy with your set-ups. nozzles, domes, pole length, water screws, bottom deck , ect...

if you're just running an typical 701 freeride set-up it wont flip as a flatwater ski and in race hull bottom deck youll be riding a 20k ski that only goes 50

Last edited:

DAG

Not to be a downer on this hull specifically or any other new hull, but there are too many AM hulls and not enough innovation in enhancing the 1990's tech that this sport can't seem to let go of.

Be the innovator not the criticizer

Top Bottom