Finally a Carbon/Kevlar Mod Blaster

So do you plan on selling these? In the U.S.?? How many do you think you'll make???
It started out as a project because the question was asked "If you could have your ultimate ski, what would it be?"
We answered a WB1 but with a few changes, a bit of re-styling, set-back pump, change the hood shape, trim system, lighter with a mod motor.
One thing lead to another & the next thing we're making about 20 changes.
Had heaps of good feedback from people saying your crazy if you don't sell them.
Not sure how big we want to go with it yet as we're busy with another project, but have made all the molds, patterns, jigs, etc in preparation of production run if we choose to go down that path.
One ski is finished waiting for paint, the second needs to be bonded together & the third has just been started.
All three are taken. If we do start production, we would certainly ship to the U.S. as we already currently deal with the States

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
What did you have to do to the drive shaft to make up for the pump relocation?

I assume use a 2008+ SJ shaft

or

Just move the engine/bulkhead back that distance.

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
I have ha dthe pleasure of seeing this ski in the flesh a few times and some of steves other projects he dose a lot of really impressive stuff with composites
i am stinging to get a ride on the finished product

OK, here is the build of the hood. This took as much time as to shape the hull & topdeck combined.
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Chopped up hood & bonded air vents with foam</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Starting to create new shape, dash & visor (to stop reflection on tacho, etc)
</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Body fill & time consuming job of making each side & angle perfect</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> New shape on ski</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Primed ready to mold</dd></dl>

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Remember when i was asking your for pics etc scottie ?
well this is the guy i was asking for, so in a way you have had a hand in this ski in a small way

Last edited:
I give props to anyone who builds hulls. We have had to do enough glass stuff and body work stuff over the years to realize that you REALLY have to love that type of work get one of these projects done. I can't imagine how much time it has taken, lol.

Glad to have helped. I can't imagine what one of these things will be like with a carbon bottom and top. My ski is quite a bit lighter than an OEM one and it has a stock top deck. This thing with a motor like you have in your SJ will be scary.

More pics, more pics!

Scottie

I give props to anyone who builds hulls. We have had to do enough glass stuff and body work stuff over the years to realize that you REALLY have to love that type of work get one of these projects done. I can't imagine how much time it has taken, lol.

Glad to have helped. I can't imagine what one of these things will be like with a carbon bottom and top. My ski is quite a bit lighter than an OEM one and it has a stock top deck. This thing with a motor like you have in your SJ will be scary.

More pics, more pics!

Scottie
Yeah, Wax has been unreal. Been such a massive help with the project.
Didn't realize some of the pics came from you, so thanks heaps, it was a big help when starting the designing.
The least we can do is send more pics!

<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Carbon outer hood popped out of mold & sitting on ski for placement</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt>
</dt><dd> Starting the pain staking task of designing the airbox & baffles</dd></dl>
</dt><dd> Airbox design finished & ready for molding</dd></dl>
</dt><dd> Airbox is 3mm solid carbon for lip (hood seal) & 2mm solid carbon for rest of airbox, 1.5mm carbon for the 3 internal baffling - no need for kevlar in these parts</dd></dl>
</dt><dd> My favorite part, airbox sitting in hood. Not bonded yet - baffles & T6 alloy threaded plates still have to be added.
Carbon beam across airbox is to move water quickly to outer channels, hold steering cable & mount Raider, GP800 or similar tilt trim system</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Another view inside airbox - designed to hold UMI steering system very securely & mounts directly to carbon
</dd></dl>

Last edited:
Top Bottom