Finally a Carbon/Kevlar Mod Blaster

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
When you think about how much weight they have removed from this hull you realise that the engine rides for free

the ski will weigh about the same as a normal hull minus the engine and the exhaust

Kind of puts it in perspective

Thanks for the feedback, seen plenty of pics of your ski - a good looking bit of gear!

Thanks. Yeah, wax sent me a few of your beginning pics a while back. I sent him a few too I believe. Everything looks really good. Like your hood. I made a one off carbon hood for my mod. Very hard work. Lots of props to you on everything you have done here. Feel free to send me some demos...... :)

JAM

Thanks. Yeah, wax sent me a few of your beginning pics a while back. I sent him a few too I believe. Everything looks really good. Like your hood. I made a one off carbon hood for my mod. Very hard work. Lots of props to you on everything you have done here. Feel free to send me some demos...... :)

JAM

Demos on there way lol. yeah, hood took heaps longer than what we thought - 36 pieces including all the stainless nuts & alloy plates, baffles etc that were bonded in before it went together.

<dl class="thumbnail"><dt>
</dt><dd> Carbon Baffles bonded in place</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt>
</dt><dd> Starting to bond some of the T6 Alloy threaded plates & nuts to the inside of the airbox</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Carbon flange for rear exhaust - molded to match curve of rear transom</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Another angle of the rear exhaust
</dd></dl>

Last edited:
Now I know I want a blaster too! If you keep the price down and send me some info on finished prduct I could advertise here in Poland!
Glad to send you some info when finished.
It's always a balance between price & quality - if you focus on price as the main issue, then you have to compromise on materials (quality).
While we were building the first two we wanted them to be premium skis. We used the best carbon, kevlar, epoxy resin & aircraft alloy that we could possibly source.
The hulls aren't packed with fillers or fibreglass between the layers of carbon - there solid carbon & kevlar doing what the materials do best - be strong, light, flex where their supposed to & be rigid where their not.
The epoxy that was used has 3 times the tensile rating of standard epoxy resins.
We can always work backwards to reduce costs, but for the first 2 we didn't want to compromise on anything.

<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Rear exhaust fitted, Trim & Steering cable in & twin cooling lines fitted</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Aircraft alloy exhaust tube & rubber support for rubber exhaust tube</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> T6 threaded plates bonded in with bolt on strap hooks for rear waterbox. Rubber supports also bonded to hull to hold waterbox</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Shows smooth transition of both steering & trim cables through bulkhead - this makes cables so much smoother</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Another angle of cables & twin cooling through bulkhead</dd></dl>
<dl class="thumbnail"><dt> </dt><dd> Waterbox fitted with horseshoe rubber exhaust tube - all components fit without being squashed or touching against anything else</dd></dl>

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
i beleive we are riding the new girl this weekend
after all those hours fine tunning lets hope shes well lubbed and ready for action
im gettin exited just thinking about it

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Very Nice full carbon Blaster! I can't tell from the picture about the cooling lines, make sure you use 1/2 inch lines for the production models. These new big 1000cc billet cylinder engines need better cooling than the 3/8 feed lines...
Chuck

Thanks for all the great feedback guys, it makes all the hard work seem worthwhile.

Here are some pics of the carbon engine mount base, carbon Battery box & carbon fuel tank mounts.
The rear engine mounts use 1mm shims & the front use 1.5mm shims to line the engine up.
The coupler housing uses no shims as the pump, bulkhead & engine mount bases (with the shims mentioned above) are aligned perfectly.
Fuel tank mounts are designed to bolt the standard blaster tank straight in.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 136
  • PIC_0054.jpg
    PIC_0054.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 152
  • PIC_0056.jpg
    PIC_0056.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 125
  • PIC_0066.jpg
    PIC_0066.jpg