Finally a Carbon/Kevlar Mod Blaster

We blueprinted the pump & Protec Maxi-flow nozzle & added a TBM pump cone.
A big hub swirl 146 mm Skat Trak prop was machine ground to fit the 144mm solid stainless impeller housing with a 4 thou clearance.
The Raider trim ring was machined for more tilt with the the maxi-flow nozzle.

Attachments

• PIC_0059.jpg
    PIC_0059.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68
  • PIC_0060.jpg
    PIC_0060.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 81
  • PIC_0061.jpg
    PIC_0061.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 78
Pic through the seat opening. Just used the top half of the original battery box (looks like crap) to space the seat properly & seal the seat base - this is being replaced with polished T6 alloy.
Running twin bilge pumps, the plastic container holds the breather pipe for the battery & acts as an overflow.

Attachments

• PIC_0083.jpg
    PIC_0083.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 105
  • PIC_0084.jpg
    PIC_0084.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
This is the hood totally finished & waiting eagerly for big blasts of air to pass through it.
We're going to run a different tacho than this, but at the moment it has a mini-tach mounted

Attachments

• PIC_0018.jpg
    PIC_0018.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 147
  • PIC_0019.jpg
    PIC_0019.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 158
  • PIC_0020.jpg
    PIC_0020.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 120
Firstly, thanks heaps for sending the '96 rear air breathe tube, it is a different shape to the earlier models. We couldn't wait to pull our modified one off & fit the '96 tube, it fits perfectly & clears everything.
While testing been having some wot detonation issues which totally stumped us for days. We double checked everything, air leaks, timing curves, etc, & finally found it was the fuel pump side of the carbs leaking. The leak meant that the pressure was down at open throttle & not being able to supply enough fuel for what the engine needed.
The o-rings & gaskets looked all good, but obviously were'nt. Put new ones in & fixed the problem.
So now back to fun testing, running it on flat water on Saturday & in the surf on Sunday.
Have a few commitments to a magazine that have to be completed by Tuesday, so after that we'll be back into assembling the 2nd blaster so we will know how long it takes to make a complete hull.

Pic through the seat opening. Just used the top half of the original battery box (looks like crap) to space the seat properly & seal the seat base - this is being replaced with polished T6 alloy.
Running twin bilge pumps, the plastic container holds the breather pipe for the battery & acts as an overflow.

Beautiful ski and nice work , but why did you install a battery that needs an overflow and '' breather pipe '' for the battery when sealed batteries are avaiable and make a much cleaner and more versatile install with no acid ?? ... with all the labor and $ in the build why use acid ? ....... BTW how much weight have you shaved off by going carbon ?? again very very nice ski !!!!

Beautiful ski and nice work , but why did you install a battery that needs an overflow and '' breather pipe '' for the battery when sealed batteries are avaiable and make a much cleaner and more versatile install with no acid ?? ... with all the labor and $ in the build why use acid ? ....... BTW how much weight have you shaved off by going carbon ?? again very very nice ski !!!!

We were going to go sealed gel batteries until we got numerous reports from race & surf riders that always used gel but went to acid.
They said that especially with total loss they found the gel battery would give them no warning when it decided to be flat (eg: it would start fine the first 19 times, but would be dead for the 20th (made up figures).
With the acid battery it would warn you when it was getting flat by slowing down first, not just stopping & if you were out in the surf it gave you the chance for that last start to get back to shore.
I've got a gel battery in my stand up that is 10 years old & still going strong, but had to listen to what the riders & shops said, so went acid.
Shaved around 40kg out of the ski.

Heres some pics of the ski just after some testing on the river.
Just needs the seat re-shaped & re-covered in black/white to bring the colour scheme all together.
PS. notice no more purple bars!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 99

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
i rode this ski on sunday and all i can say is it rips i was expecting some dificult handling changes but i was suprised to say in my eyes it handles better than any stock blaster ive ridden i could slide ans slash the face of a wave similar to how i do it on my superjet if i was a blaster ridder i would have ordered on the spot and the motor just performs exellent the hole combination is a winner
thanks for the ride steve cant wait till the surf is up and then can i have a go at gettin it upside down? please:Banane09::bananapowerslide:

i rode this ski on sunday and all i can say is it rips i was expecting some dificult handling changes but i was suprised to say in my eyes it handles better than any stock blaster ive ridden i could slide ans slash the face of a wave similar to how i do it on my superjet if i was a blaster ridder i would have ordered on the spot and the motor just performs exellent the hole combination is a winner
thanks for the ride steve cant wait till the surf is up and then can i have a go at gettin it upside down? please:Banane09::bananapowerslide:
Glad you liked it Cambo, was hoping not (but half expecting) to hear that you thought it felt too light for the surf, as I know your views on lightweight hulls in the surf.
Was a big relief to hear your positive feedback on how well it handled the surf, thanks for taking the time to ride it - I hope we didn't have to twist your arm too hard to hop on!

a pic from testing, if you lean back & grab a hand full of throttle & trim, it wants to leave the planet

Attachments

• PIC_0012.jpg
    PIC_0012.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Top Bottom