Finally a Carbon/Kevlar Mod Blaster

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
you wait till you see his carbon superjets
Thats right the next thing in line is a carbon superjet at the moment its nothing more than the a plan
But its going to happen, if you saw this blaster close up you would see the amazing work in it, it looks great in the pics its insane in the flesh

I love that ski
Mate we all love this ski i have the plesure of being one of steves "test dummies" let me tell you this ski is awsome. its the ultimate blaster light and nimble handles like a dream turns on a dime and slides very easily .Had some concerns about how she would handle in the surf they were quickly laid to rest small surf 1 - 2 feet turned into a 6 foot jump with a very little throttle turning,carving,sliding,chop ski handled everything and wanted more just spewing foot straps wernt installed but gotta save something for next ride thanks steve

Thanks for your help with the testing Jay, you know you are a freestyle FREAK of nature!
Got a pair of Airush kite board foot straps (same as you run) so just need to bolt them in & then barrel rolls & back flips here we come!

WOW, that thing really turned out nice. I love the color. Great job!

Scottie
Thanks Scottie, just needs the jet Trim seat on it when it's made to bring the colour scheme all together. A few of the logos are being re-made as they had to be done at the last moment for some pics.
It's the best news we could have hoped for from the test riders, so it means our year & a half of work was not in vein.

Heres a couple of pics of Jay at the surf, the surf was crap & very choppy & blowing a gail.
Even though the surf was so small, Jay still pulled off heaps of tricks including superman, etc, but all that was captured on video not stills, have to capture the shots from the video footage or just redo it on a better day.
The first pic is how the ski launched off a piss ant little 1 foot wave with no run-up to it. The 2nd pic is launching off a 2 foot wave with no run-up.
Bigger waves did happen during the day, but the guys were buzzed with how much air time they could get from such tiny waves with next to no run-up to the wave.
Jay in particular was hanging for better conditions (less wind & bigger waves) & said imagine the airtime & tricks with some better surf & foot straps:notworthy:

Attachments

• PIC_0025.jpg
    PIC_0025.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 180
  • PIC_0028.jpg
    PIC_0028.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
you're welcome to try it in may 2010!
1st round of ifwa world tour !
my hull is dead i want one like this !
ond the color is the same !!!

hell's

http://hellsfish.free.fr/AFFICHE 2.jpg

AFFICHE%202.jpg

Wow Hell's, now i know your insaine!
Man how high is your blaster from the wave, were you trying to backflip over a low flying plane or something?
Did the ski land on top of you?
Would be a buzz to see people like yourself leaving the earth on a carbon blaster

The ski will be on display in the Australian Jet Ski Parts tent at the Rip'n'Ride on the 26th.
It will have a full tank of juice & Pierre is quite at home on a Blaster so we'll see what happens......

One of the finals things to do to finish the ski for the Rip'n'Ride, reshape the seat.
What a bitch to do! It took all weekend, trimming down the styrene foam then trimming & reshaping the yellow molded foam.
The seat is about 50mm shorter about 30mm lower plus the obvious hump gone.
Cut the end off the seat, shortened it, heated & reshaped it to match the rest of the seat, then plastic welded it back on.
Just getting both sides exactly the same by grinding foam is not easy, push to little & nothing grinds away, push too much & you gouge the crap out of it.
At least it's done now & off to the trimmers tomorrow to have the cover made & fitted.

Attachments

• PIC_0043.jpg
    PIC_0043.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 53
  • PIC_0044.jpg
    PIC_0044.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PIC_0045.jpg
    PIC_0045.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 43
  • PIC_0057.jpg
    PIC_0057.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 87
  • PIC_0059.jpg
    PIC_0059.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 44
  • PIC_0060.jpg
    PIC_0060.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
What type of foot straps are those Steve? They look much bigger compared to the dakines I normally see people running (which are too small for my size 13's).

Hi Dan,
There called AIRUSH & are made for Kite Surfing. They are heaps fatter & more comfortable than the thinner Dakines.
Jay from Australia put me onto them, he pulls insane barrel rolls & back flips using these in his blaster.
I'll attach some pics, the grey pieces in the turf are 3mm PVC plastic that replaced the turf under the strap bases to make an even surface to bolt to.
There is a piece of T6 alloy with threads epoxied from inside to hold the footstrap bolts

Attachments

• PIC_0043.jpg
    PIC_0043.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 79
  • PIC_0044.jpg
    PIC_0044.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 85
  • PIC_0046.jpg
    PIC_0046.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 90
  • PIC_0047.jpg
    PIC_0047.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 65
  • PIC_0050.jpg
    PIC_0050.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 62
  • PIC_0051.jpg
    PIC_0051.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 61
KILLER ski build,I give you guys huge props for building such a sweet carbon ski,then taking it out to the surf to prove shes stronger and can take a beating...When that carbon b1 is out there busting out huge backflips you can truly say thats a first,the carbon b1s over here get treated like fabriche eggs worth millions...........lol. Im looking forward to the next OZ surf vid with this thing in it

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I rode this ski on the weekend
Its awesome and does everything as you would expect
The quality of the build is out of sight, there is no way this blaster will be getting ridden like an eggshell
The ownwer was hoping pierre was there at the rip in ride to pull some back flips on it
Sadly that wasnt to be

Wax,

What did you think of the handling compared to a stock hull with pump moved back and the deeper tunnels and chines?

Scottie

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Its a hard one to say scottie as the hull is so light
Its by far the lightest hull blaster i have ever ridden. If I was racing this hull i would put some weight back into it. The benefit is you can put the weight where you like.
The great thing about this ski is the playfull nature of the hull, you can just air it anytime you like, its the ultimate play blaster with out a doubt
The is the possibilty of one of these being built with a 16mm stroker dasa engine in it

Good lord, I can't imagine one that light with a 16mil DASA. Makes me smile thinking about it. I hadn't thought about the lightness of the hull, especially when you take into consideration it has a carbon top deck and hood, too. Sounds fun!

Scottie

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
seeing as pierre wasnt there steve do you want me to have a go at flipping it
you might be able to twist my arm at giving it a go!

Top Bottom