Fire Extinguisher Placement Help

So I just got done putting my new lowered hood kit on along with some RRP things... Now all I have left is to find out what to do with my dang fire extinguisher! lol (They don't make smaller ones do they?)

I have a stock gas tank still and I am thinking to put it above my B-Pipe (on the hull) has any one put it there b4? I have also seen it in the tray in a SN extinguisher compartment but I would like to make that a last resort type of thing! I like my tray clean!

Ideas would be nice!
Thanks

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
I strap mine to the top of my battery.

Second this.

I know the stock tank is not pictured, but it did fit on top of the battery with a factory b-pipe and stock gas tank.

Here are two pics of my ski's over the years:

5.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

Yes, I mainly ride in NJ (they are A-Holes up there!)

I think the battery box will be the way I will go! Even though I never really did see the point of a fire extinguisher in/on a stand-up... If the thing starts on fire you don't have to go far to find water!

I am supposed to have one. I just try not to ride when the cops are out.
Question for all of you guys that have them under the hood.........do you really want to pull your hood off in the middle of the lake to show the cop your extinguisher? I wouldn't want to risk swamping/sinking my boat.

I've never been pulled over on shore.......only in the middle of the lake.

I see your point... However, I feel as though a cop (at least here in NJ) would expect that! Only because where do they expect you to keep your license/reg along with it? Mine is in a sealed compartment that I glued to the side of the hull. Therefore if a cop wanted to see it I would tell lets pull to the beach or sandbar or something and I would be happy to!

Also, I think cops don't like pulling over stand-ups because they know that its going to be more of a process than anything ya know!? Cause I used to get pulled over a lot while driving boats or riding couches but now that I've had the stand-up for the last few years I NEVER been stopped!

Just my thoughts!

Top Bottom