Freestyle First Ever Flat Water Double Backflip

FlyinRyan324

High on Helium
Wasn't quite enough to take the title!

You obviously don’t know what happened then. Lee’s boat stalled and wouldn’t start back up after his 2nd trick today in round 3 (after he landed a double backflip and his signature heel clicker backflip). We pushed Jace Forest’s ski out to him and he finished his routine on that. He did a phenomenal finale on Jace’s Helium. But, the IJSBA rules state that a rider is only allowed to compete on one boat AND if he does not perform for 1 minute (out of the 2 minute routine) then you get 0 points. Therefore, it left the door open for Mark Gomez to take the title. Mark was on fire this weekend too.

Side note, Hassan Abudawood took 2nd in Amateur AND Pro Freestyle this weekend. An amateur has never bumped up to Pro and made it on the podium in the same weekend.

Here’s the results.
ff299e4e69fea5844fc9d96bc67e2bd9.heic

Hey man I'm thousands of miles away and only get to see what's online for the time being. I definetly have absolutely no clue what went on there. Wow that's an unfortune series if events for lee. There's no way I could of known that from the 3 pictures I saw on Instagram. Both riders are obviously on an insane level

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Should have done a dead engine routine.......... outcome would have been different. But the frustration of the moment and all the work he put in this past year came down hard at that moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Should have done a dead engine routine.......... outcome would have been different. But the frustration of the moment and all the work he put in this past year came down hard at that moment.

do any of the modern freestylers know how to do that

do any of the modern freestylers know how to do that
May I ask what exactly is a "Dead engine routine?" (I'm just curious) I tried looking through the IJSBA rule book (there's a lot of pages) but didn't find it.

Gonna assume he's just stating he should have done anything to keep routine going. Backflip off the tray, climb on ski rodeo style, wave at the crowd, etc. vs calling it a day.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
May I ask what exactly is a "Dead engine routine?" (I'm just curious) I tried looking through the IJSBA rule book (there's a lot of pages) but didn't find it.
You climb up on your ski and do any thing you can to entertain the crowd and judges to keep the clock going. Had he made it past 1 minute he would have been scored.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
That's why he got a 0 for the 3rd moto. He received 40 points for moto 1+ moto 2. Why wouldn't he get 5th? Other riders didn't ride all 3 motos and placed above him.
I am gonna say he was probably so frustrated that he chose not to go to post tech. They usually tech top 5 This can get you an overall DQ.....

Top Bottom