first tank of fuel through my Blue ported 718

550headache

tobacco grower
BIG PROPS to Chris and Blue for putting together a affordable freestyle motor! what a difference between that and my 2014 SJ. Can't wait to get the second tank of gas through it to start getting into the fun trigger!

I did set up dual 3/8 cooling and I have a flow control valve. I'm getting a ton of water out the front cylinder pisser. 3/4 more than the primary cooling line/pisser. is this normal? was thinking about restricting it somehow.

Bpipe settings. Instructions from Blue include setting up the Bpipe screws. He recommends 1/2 turn on top and 1/2 turn on bottom. middle closed. chamber was running super cool. no where near sizzling water. would you guys close up that bottom and just run the top screw 1/4 turn open like advised in the tuning thread? I did put my headpipe on the garden hose and all screws seal when closed. top screw had a nice spray 1/4 to 1/3 open. what would you guys do? I didn't mess around with it yesterday. the waters cold and I was happy I didn't have to get towed back in LOL! going back out Friday!!

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Its normal for one pisser to have more pressure than the other due to some water going thru the flow control valve and not straight out the pisser.
Did u do dual cooling from the pump with 2 fittings on the exhaust manifold?
Once the motors broke in you can try reducing the water in the head pipe at the top or bottom screw to try and make the pipe sizzle and main a little power. Thanks again for choosing our motors and good luck. Oh and Make sure you are using a quality 2 cycle oil...

550headache

tobacco grower
I did tap pump and ran a dedicated line. Not using the bilge line. Also running 2 fittings on the manifold

Thank you for great work blue! This motor flat out pulls! Breaking it in at 32:1 with yamalube. Third and every-tank after will be 40:1 Klotz benol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on the farm.....

I want to ride next weekend. will be the first time all year since i started from scratch with an empty hull and tons of missing parts! You will see it in November!

550: are you running parallel cooling or both lines into the bottom of the mani?

I did tap pump and ran a dedicated line. Not using the bilge line. Also running 2 fittings on the manifold

Thank you for great work blue! This motor flat out pulls! Breaking it in at 32:1 with yamalube. Third and every-tank after will be 40:1 Klotz benol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on the farm.....

dont use benol oil
use esterbased modern oils
or degummed and refined like maxima 927

works good for methanol/nitro engines at 16-20:1
jet ski engines run colder than any other 2 strokes due to open water cooling system
anything aircooled really bad carbon/dirty buildup
don't believe everything they list on the webpage

Blue

Judging your cheapness
After an accidenttal fill up on a kawasaki XI with about 7 to 8 gallons of straight gas added to 1 to 2 gallons of 40.1 mix and ran it all day by kids so you know it was WOT and its been 2 years ago and still runs awesome today. Thats good oil. Not to mention every time i tear down mine or the jetmaniacs motor after 2 years and im always impressed with how little wear and no scoring.

550headache

tobacco grower
After an accidenttal fill up on a kawasaki XI with about 7 to 8 gallons of straight gas added to 1 to 2 gallons of 40.1 mix and ran it all day by kids so you know it was WOT and its been 2 years ago and still runs awesome today. Thats good oil. Not to mention every time i tear down mine or the jetmaniacs motor after 2 years and im always impressed with how little wear and no scoring.
what oil are you refering to blue?

550headache

tobacco grower
got another short hour in on the new motor yesterday afternoon. what a animal! there was no boats on the lake so I just ripped around and ran the invisible bouy course. water is still cold. full 2mm suit for my old bones. sun was going down and I started having a stumble and vibration so I called it a night. oem spark plug boot came loose and was just sitting on the plug. must have been from pulling all those G's lol.

I used to run amsoil in my evinrude 250 V8 outboard. never any problems but boy does that stuff stink!
I have a few tanks of Yamalube I'll finish up then half gallon of the BeNol. also have a gallon of the RC50. its a 50/50 blend of the Klotz full synthetic and BeNol. woht is everyone's opinion of that oil? 95% of the reason I run BeNol is for the smell. Love it!

this thing really doesn't want to idle well. there were 2 sets of instructions with the motor. one said 1 turn on low adjuster and the other said 2 turns. I have it at 2 and have not messed with it. next time out i'll set it to 1.5 and see how it works. IDK if the cold water would affect carb settings. plugs look perfect after a hard ride. after I finish this tank I'll pull the head and check wash.

I'm starting to regret buying the 2014.........

Last edited:

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Your low screw should be about 1 turn. High speed screw is usually around 1.5 turns out. If ur at 2 turn on low screw i bet it doesnt want to idle. Lol try 1 turn on low u can even go 3/4 turn but if it bogs when u hit the throttle go back to 1 turn.

I have a bout a tank through my blue ported 718 too now and it rips! I need to do a little idle tuning still tho as well. Unfortunately ski is out of commission waiting for some motor mounts but hopefully will be back on the water later this week!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Your low screw should be about 1 turn. High speed screw is usually around 1.5 turns out. If ur at 2 turn on low screw i bet it doesnt want to idle. Lol try 1 turn on low u can even go 3/4 turn but if it bogs when u hit the throttle go back to 1 turn.

He has a single carb not dual 38s.

Top Bottom