First time build - FX-1

Ya let me go grab one real quick. I lied though, i could have drilled the holes 5/8" higher max.. That would have made a huge difference. I wouldnt have even needed to sand the 26mm padding. Oh well. If anyone following this plans to use these holds just install the plate as high as you can because you will still get about 1" of adjustment down. I wanted adjustment up and down when i drilled them out, which i just learned isnt necessary lol.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Not a lot to report. I've been pretty lazy. Two weeks of constant rain has put me into a depression lol. Finished turfing the bond rail. I also did the chin pad and made a shock pad to replace the stock rubber one but I can't decide whether or not to use it. Maybe the stock one is the way to go. I just like the looks of turfed shock pads... Still deciding. Only took pics of the ski

image.jpg

Well Im a little irritated right now. The engine didnt have any shims on it when i pulled it out of the ski, but that didnt surprise me because the pump was way out of alignment. The guy before me seemed to just throw everything in willy nilly. I ordered a shim kit expecting to need to shim the motor. I take the shims out of the packaging tonight and just my luck, only two shims of each size. I figured this was probably just standard but now that I'm aligning the engine i find that all 4 motor mounts need a 2mm shim underneath them.... Where can i go to find these shims locally? I cant wait to have them shipped. I want to ride monday.

Dam man that sucks i bought a body shim kit at harbor freight. Using theme for pump shims nit sure if there to small for motor mounts
4071b3ac6dcda71184e8463344e873a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you find some shims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
honestly i just used every shim in the kit by putting multiple shims under two of the mounts. The front right mount is short a 1/2 mm shim but the engine seemed to still be dead nuts on alignment, or at least so close that i couldnt see a difference with a straight edge. Got it started in my garage tonight. Had to pour gas down the carb to get it to start but i think thats just because there was no gas in lines or carb to prime it. Im hoping after it sits for a night it will start with the choke. It wouldnt start with the choke last year so i rebuilt the carb hoping it will fix the issue. Monday I'll take it out to the lake. I'll throw some pics on here tomorrow when i get the Wet Dreams decals on it.

Top Bottom