First time build - FX-1

Yea sorry... Forgot some of you have to trailer your skis on a regular basis..
Grind the underpad out where the hole is so it tapers to the eye and turf it... You might hate working with that 26mm pad but you'll thank yourself someday..
When you turf it don't worry about the hole... Turf all the way around it at the highest point.. Then after it's good and stuck go back and press in around the taper... And when i say taper it I mean I'd grind it out a good few inches each direction.. And i would grind it out from the eye hole to the rear of the deck so you end up with a U around it.. But that's just me...

Sent from inside a beer can

SterlingSilva

-----------------
Just take ur time with it n use a lot of heat. Wear gloves if u need but turf needs to be almost too hot to touch to soften u properly to form and stretch. Sand the underpaid wherever u need. This was my first turf job
c5af6ad0955ef4feff6c7644b218d682.jpg

ab30edda6d4eaaf3a49e8df80635bd31.jpg

e33881a463577ea9f13f3d12205bfe12.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had drilled out my holes on the footholds before I cut into my tray so I could put them in and see where I wanted to glass them in at. I didn't have turf or underpad at that time. I was under the impression that the underpaid would be shorter and would compress more. Because of all of this I ended up drilling the holes too low (of course lol) so that at it's highest adjustment I can only fit about 1/4" of underpad under the turf and still get my foot in. I definitely don't want a 3/4" wall surrounding my foot so I'll use the 9mm pad that I have on order.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I had drilled out my holes on the footholds before I cut into my tray so I could put them in and see where I wanted to glass them in at. I didn't have turf or underpad at that time. I was under the impression that the underpaid would be shorter and would compress more. Because of all of this I ended up drilling the holes too low (of course lol) so that at it's highest adjustment I can only fit about 1/4" of underpad under the turf and still get my foot in. I definitely don't want a 3/4" wall surrounding my foot so I'll use the 9mm pad that I have on order.
Like you can't get your foot in even when kicking in hard with wrestling shoes?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Ah I see. if your wake skate shoes have decent amount of padding you should be fine. But honestly, you're gonna want the most possible pad on the top of your holds. You're using rikter footholds right? If so those have like no padding on the top of them.. When I kicked my foot into them I thought they were really uncomfortable.

Shoulda layed everything in before drilling to see where u were at... Just kick harder... It'll eventually wear down to where you need it...

Sent from inside a beer can

Ah I see. if your wake skate shoes have decent amount of padding you should be fine. But honestly, you're gonna want the most possible pad on the top of your holds. You're using rikter footholds right? If so those have like no padding on the top of them.. When I kicked my foot into them I thought they were really uncomfortable.
kinda noticed that but I'm hoping with these shoes thy won't be too uncomfortable

Top Bottom