flatwater flip attempt from 8/28/2011

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
So i have tried SO many flatwater flips and this is what always happens. I had 1 that came all the way around on saturday but couldnt get it back on sunday. I need to keep my head looking back but for some reason always at 3/4 around I look at the nose of the ski. How does my form look before 3/4? am I doing everything too soon or too late? i have my pole extended all the way out, could it be too long? Any info is much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
The second one looks pretty good, looks like you will have it with just a little more practice...

Try bringing your legs in toward the end to speed the rotation.

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Just my opinion but the form looks good, not sure your propped high enough. When I rode Brians Bob last year it had great power but was all done well before the pump unhooked, yours almost looks like its at the rev limiter too early loosing hookup and thrust.

great attempts i think your handlepole is too long maybe take 2 inches off. do you have your footholds at the furthest back setting i did this on saturday and it helped getting my flips just that last little bit round

I will say i have never flipped a ski but i am an avid wakeboarder and im aware of how restricting water can be at low speeds. It looks like just before you hit the wake your ski dips lower in the water right before you grab that hand full of throttle. I think if you gave yourself another 2-4 feet before you turn back at your wake you will have just a tad more forward momentum that will eliminate the ski dipping into the water and will speed up your rotation a bit. Not trying to tell you to change what your comfortable with but from a spectators view thats just what i see holding you back the most and couldnt hurt to try. If you film more attempts please post. No matter what sport it is theres nothing like that moment you nail the trick you have been working hard at.

Best of luck bro,
Dom

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You want the nose to dip down because you get extra pop back out of the water, especially right in front of the wake face.
Additionally, in my experience it's much better to go slower. Going faster will only cause you to go through the wake rather than up it.

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
It's a x-metal adjustable pole and turn plate, both are set all the way out. Before I had the turn plate all the way out and my pole was at a -2. When it was like that I couldn't stand during a flip. I brought it to a -1 and felt much more comftorable so then I just brought it all the way out. I was thinkin it might be too long now

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
me my pole is 36 inch from the center of the bracket to the center of the turn plate. I can flip it easily with a boat wave but on my setup wake, its harder. i only have a 701cc

Last edited:

Martin33

LIVE ACTION !
I broke alot of cables with my straight pull, then switched to the Thrust EZ pull setup...havent had a problem since....same amount of throw (got to use his lever). Might look into it, for the long run anyway.

Daniel

jeckert

Going backwards
STOP standing up! ...otherwise, everything looks pretty good. A surefire way to get it, is to stay TUCKED and pull the bars to your gut (NOT your chest) as you are rotating. When I tried this I started over rotating...now I stand up to slow rotation 4 easy landings. Let us know how it goes!

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
Stay tucked the whole time???? I can see how pulling the bars to my gut can help but when I kick with my legs and throw my head back it makes me stand

Top Bottom