Super Jet flooded ski.is it necessary to remove front cover?

whats up yall.my sqaurenose flooded and water got inside the engine.i turned it upside down and got most of the water out of the crankcase.but i was just wondering if i should pull the front cover?i am wonderng if water was able to sneak past the crank seal and pool up in the front cover area? im running a total loss,so i dont want to mess up the trigger plate.what do you guys think?if the crank seal is in good shape,would water be able to get in the flywheel area? its a 62t.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
it's not a bad idea but I never do it. If water got in there it's a better chance that it got past the front cover gasket than the front crank seal.

Ultra Gray Permetex silicon works great on used front cover gaskets to seal voids and it does not stick to the gasket like other products like 1211 would...it saves your front cover gasket for several uses...

Ultra Gray Permetex silicon works great on used front cover gaskets to seal voids and it does not stick to the gasket like other products like 1211 would...it saves your front cover gasket for several uses...

haha.thats funny.i have been reusing my front cover gasket for years with no problems and guess what i use...permetex ultra grey.its almost $20.00 a tube,but it works great.after i get the gasket off,i gently scrape it with a razor to get it cean,then apply some ultra grey.i just didnt want to say anything cause i thought i would get bashed.good to know im not the only one that likes to salvage $15.00 gaskets.

Ultra Grey is 5 bucks and change at Walmart...fyi

its the stuff at oreillys that comes in a tube with a spout you bend to dispense it.i thought it was the ultra grey.i do know its grey in color and works great.its like $19.00 i think.if its not called ultra grey,then i dont know the name of it.but yeah,definately going to pull off front cover and reuse my gasket.

its the stuff at oreillys that comes in a tube with a spout you bend to dispense it.i thought it was the ultra grey.i do know its grey in color and works great.its like $19.00 i think.if its not called ultra grey,then i dont know the name of it.but yeah,definately going to pull off front cover and reuse my gasket.

RIGHT STUFF.thats what its called.approx $20 a tube

I use dielectric grease on my front cover gasket. I used to swamp my ski all the time, like every time I would ride and never pulled off my cover for years and it was great. I wouldn't use Right Stuff for anything that you may want to remove at anytime. I was running a 650 if that makes any difference.

I had a ski one time and they put the ride plate on with Right stuff, had to chisel the plate off and use a big hammer. Dam SeaDoodoo

I use Right Stuff as a 5200 alternative that wont go bad once I open it up.

EDIT: but yea I would open it up if I would of had any doubts though!!

Last edited:
ill give it a shot.if you guys say it fills voids and seals well.but for sealing,right stuff can not be beaten.that stuff is PERMANENT. i also sealed a rideplate with right stuff once.after i removed the bolts,i had to kick the plate off.no big hammer here.but yeah,it doesnt come off easy when you want to reseal something.works great for electrical boxes too.i will try the ultra grey,though.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
My starter & orings and stator wires also get 1211.

Top Bottom