Freestyle For real?!?!~Rosie's Official WDK R.I.P build thread ~

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I know, I'm just surprised as all of you. As many of you know, my last aftermarket hull plan didn't work out. I was supposed to be a tester and then all communication was cut off and I was left entirely in the dark. Truthfully I wasn't planning on having an aftermarket hull at least for a few more years, so I thought maybe I'd at least mod a square hull in the mean time. Well I posted up on facebook about the plans for an sn I was picking up, and somehow along the comments aftermarket hulls came up and two builders contacted me saying they might be able to help me out. Though I didn't go their route, I'd really like to thank Josh and Brian at Rage Composites for offering to hook me up. It didn't go unnoted. Needless to say, Jeff contacted me with a deal for a turfed and ready to build ski that I couldn't refuse. Then I told @chadman154 about it, and he's got one on the way too :p
I don't want this thread to have any WDK drama but I will say this: If you're worried, pay with a credit card and you have nothing to worry about. Jeff was awesome to deal with. Kept me updated with pics, shipping info, etc. It was a great transaction. If you want more info, PM me.

Thanks @Matt Jones for the recommendation. I have a feeling I'm going to be very happy with my RIP :)

Ok Ok Ok Ok enough. Onto the good stuff.
I still need to grab a few odds and ends but I've got most of what I need now!

Pump plan: Stock 144mm pump with cats trim, stubby cone, 9/15 hooker
Powerplant: @holeshot/HPE ported 61x cylinders on 61x cases, single 44mm carb, b pipe limited chamber with ported mani to 49mm, stock cdi with adjustable rev limiter, stock lightened flywheel, h2o waterbox, etc.
Steering/pole: Jetworks OVP with straight fat bars, Freeride Innovations Throttle and trim lever and limiting rope thanks to @700Pirate :), RRP Cast pole and wdk bracket.

Hull is a Carbon/glass hybrid and around 70 lbs. It looks freeken awesome and feels very strong. It came with alum pumpshoe installed and new oem GP motor mounts, hood pin system, etc.

Here's just a few pics of it right now, and I'll have more pics later! Trying to manage college, working, and building a ski all at the same time so I can ride some before the lake freezes. Goal is to have it done in two weeks and be flipping in one. Let's hope I can do that! :D

42148.jpg 11891420_1627757210817048_3413805489066439688_o.jpg 12002841_1630232800569489_4534707255177696203_n.jpg
20150908_182528.jpg 20150908_182540.jpg 20150908_181019.jpg 20150908_181041.jpg

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I honestly didnt read your post, but i did have to do a belt tuck after seeing that picture of it in the crate.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I honestly didnt read your post, but i did have to do a belt tuck after seeing that picture of it in the crate.
So basically the crate is an absolute perfect fit for the hull and then their are pieces of wood that go on top of it and are screwed to both sides of the crate (with padding underneath obviously) to secure it from moving up and down. Came perfectly with no scratches...
6dbde96db709a9747e815f7698e6d992.jpg

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
So basically the crate is an absolute perfect fit for the hull and then their are pieces of wood that go on top of it and are screwed to both sides of the crate (with padding underneath obviously) to secure it from moving up and down. Came perfectly with no scratches...
6dbde96db709a9747e815f7698e6d992.jpg

I mostly meant that camera angle really compliments the body lines.

Congrats Rosey!

Jeff does killer work and definitely uses one of the best shipping crates in the business!

P.S. Dump that 550 tank and put a Kart tank in there!

Last edited:
Top Bottom