Frankenstein Motor Project

romack991

homebrewed
I need to get working on my stuff but have been lazy. Nice job on the intake and cases. I got lucky and my intake mani is already port matched and bored to 46 for the carb I just bought. Have you done much more reading?

keefer

T1
I built up a Frankenstein motor and stitched it into the donor body of a Blaster. It had a 46mm with a Riva red pipe, it hit pretty hard for a non ported cyl. I did not bother porting it because I just built it to sell. I should consider buying some of those worthless X cases and build another one. I will have another donor square hull ready for transplant as soon as my roundie build up is done in a few weeks.

Your project is looking good Matt, it's always fun to make something out of a bunch of old parts.:woot:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I need to get working on my stuff but have been lazy. Nice job on the intake and cases. I got lucky and my intake mani is already port matched and bored to 46 for the carb I just bought. Have you done much more reading?

I have indeed. Jennings is such a pessimist ass. :biggrin:

Well, me & Phill & Snackem were in the garage till 3 am. It's now 8:30, time to continue.:1244:
Phill is almost done with his ski. In fact, he was mostly drinking rather than working last night. :party:
I have my Frankenstein mostly together. I need to put an exhaust manifold on it and use the headbolts in my other engine. Note to stupid self: stock bolts should never be used with thicker aftermarket heads. :banghead:

I got to pull my other engine out of the hull, transfer the pipe, headbolts, and get going. :woot:

Last edited:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Alright, it fires up and revs very nicely on the workbench :bigeyes: :Banane01: :biggthumpup:

Video to follow

Boris

The Good Old Days
Today I went through all my crap and noticed that I have enough parts to put together a Frankenstein.

After I get my "Chucky" motor built I might have to assemble me a Fronkensteen. :biggthumpup:

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
We had that ski in water today....man it hits! I"m sure matt will have a few things to say about it. We even managed to skink it today so it looks like we get to go out tomorrow and make sure everything still works good:sneaky:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I'll post more details tomorrow - I am dead-tired.
Motor has some great power, I was very impressed. The carb needs some adjustment (done), so I'll take it out again tomorrow.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
What the hell??? Are we really both posting from the same house?

I could just get up and walk the twenty feet over to you, but yeah, real life conversation sucks.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Anyhow, that Riva carb came with a 115 pilot and 135 main (?). I lowered the pilot to 112.5.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Alright, enough joking around.
Here's more pics.

Attachments

• DSC06876.jpg
    DSC06876.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC06877.jpg
    DSC06877.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 75