Freak jetski accident, damaged hull

Jesus I am getting slammed over what type of gas tank to put in my hurricane on the forum about wrecking my sj, can we go complain in my build thread or something

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
poop I love the stock sj tank in my hurricane. I can put 5 gallons in it and cruise the lake without worry.

Do I put 5 gallons in it every time. Nope

You will love the ski. I went from a squarenose that was about to crack in half to a hurricane. Huge difference. Lol

Ok guys to be honest my time will probably be 60/40, 60% flat water and 40% boat wakes, but not chasing boats all day just hitting the same one a couple times

cookn

Kamikaze
I only jumped back into the sport... when my kid got a full ride scholarship lol

Thanks for reviving this thread. When I'm bored at work I like to read what the kids think is cool and not do that. Did I really just read two pages of gas tank arguments. Jet skis should only be black or silver. All other colors are dumb. The x hurts my brain these days

I know this is an old thread, but I am new to Stand ups... I ve seen a few stories of cracked fiberglass poles and its a bit concerning to me... hitting even a HUGE wave and coming down sideways shouldn't break a pole, at least I thought, but is there NO strength to these poles, or did him not having a limiting rope contribute to this?

Being fairly new, I've wrecked a bunch, and now im worried about cracking my pole. What is the "real world" tolerance of these poles? Like if I was standing on the tray, while the ski is out of the water and on the trailer, if I had my hands on the handlebars and gave it a GOOD yank to the left or right, this stock pole will crack off?

Thanks for any insight on this

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Kawi poles can break, but so can any other pole... Yes, he is being sarcastic, but he is also correct. It can be hit or miss, or just flat depends on what is going on when it breaks. Could be rider error.

No sarcasm! BK I have no idea how yours lasted that long! I killed one in 2 weeks back in 99 on a brand new show room SXi Pro...just learning small wave nose stabs. I couldn't believe it! Many others on here too. I suppose if you were racing clean or rec riding flat water it could last.

I say go try your absolute best to break it and see!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I honestly thing some years poles may have been laid up better. I beat the hell out of my SXR racing, Riding Surf. My Race partner and I would practice race starts when we were at the beach. Start in shallow water and just absolutely pin it through the surf, first one to fall or let up loses. Just say we had some incredible wipeouts! Neither of our poles ever broke.... I did replace bushings a few times.

ok, thanks guys. do either of you know of any type of AM pole that would be the easiest, almost plug - n- play install for the 89 650sx? Meaning, a bracket that bolts in and doesn't need any modifications of fiberglass, etc..? My ski came with a modified Blowsion 750 spring..not sure why that was done..maybe puts more tension on the pole so it doesn't slam into the hood?

Top Bottom