freeride helmet

BlowStuffUp

Twinkle Toes
i went to my local bike shop and picked up the cheapest full face, that had the most closed cell foam (the harder stuff).

it has a plastic buckle, and ive had it blown off a few times in some nasty surf riding spills

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
thanks i think i am going to use a bell downhill mountain bike helmet full face tryed one on seems lite and the price is better than a mx one
thanks chris

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I just bought a black pro-tec like sluttys... My friends have the protecs with the earflaps, but they are always fallin off... I'll have to put some stickers over the vents in the ears..

nick what was the yellow helmet with the face bar called that you had at the daytona meet,id like to try to get away from the bell and use a helmet with a thiner profile front bar or 2 for protection,i see on elprofessor,a guy in one of the vids using a yellow helmet with a 2 bars ,one across and one down,anyone know what that is?

noodle

I reckon I can break it!
I have a giro downhill mtb helmet, but one thing that might be of use to you is I've noticed the chinstrap brackets inside have started to rust up a bit. Might be worth checking whatever you do get and hitting it with a bit of cold gal paint on the metal parts before you use it.

Whtbread

More Brap Please
masterblaster said:
nick what was the yellow helmet with the face bar called that you had at the daytona meet,id like to try to get away from the bell and use a helmet with a thiner profile front bar or 2 for protection,i see on elprofessor,a guy in one of the vids using a yellow helmet with a 2 bars ,one across and one down,anyone know what that is?

I think he uses a Gath helmet. Paul at Jr. Magoos sells them. Here are some with a full visor.

Attachments

• gath_helmet.jpeg
    gath_helmet.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 484
  • Lizard_Visored.jpeg
    Lizard_Visored.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 40

orange flattop freestyler

The Carlsberg ski
I use a carbon M2R Rev X ( orange of course :biggrin:)

10467180m2rrevxyth-resized200.jpg

gj_fx1

X-H2
Just my $.02, but i've started wearing a helmet after slaming my jaw into into the chin pad a few times (and then counting teeth, lucky so far). Now I wouldn't bother with a helmet without a chin guard.

Bourgeois

USMC
I just got a Giro Flint off of ebay. I don't think they make that model anymore. It's a snowboard helmet but it's got a removable face guard and visor which is nice. It's also very light and looks good.:arms:

Top Bottom