Fundamental differences between entry level (or any for that matter) A/M hulls.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Not everyone cares to flip or roll. A/M hulls can be very beneficial depending on your style of riding, especially in the surf. Rocker, length, weight, strength, adjustability are all important features compared to a SJ.

So, they are buoy racers that what to look cool on freestyle hulls but cant do freestyle? lol I guess if you have the money then why not.

Weight and length are two of the biggest things in making am hulls easier to flip and roll are they not? My square hull weighs a ton I'm surprised I can even get it out of the water.

My Buddy had a water logged/patched up RN SJ - Bare hull 168lbs - He could roll that better then his XFS which also has a bigger motor, but he can backflip the crap out of the XFS. My superjet almost rolls it self, I would like a longer a/m hull like the predator one day, but cant really see it being any easier to roll. Short aftermarket skis are all about the backflip IMO.

if i rode nothing but surf, i wouldnt even think about wasting money on an AM hull unless i wanted to flip n roll. and if it was knee high surf, it would need big power under the hood. the only guys that tell you they dont want to flip n roll are scared or cant! i know old pro racers that want to flip n roll.

Totally agree.

djraider700

lol wut?
I can roll my SJ all day. I admit I never came fully around on a flip, but I'm definitely not scared to try. It's just not how I prefer to ride.

There's quite a few guys I ride with that have a/m hulls that don't flip or roll but can surf ride better than most guys I have seen.

It's whatever floats your boat, but to imply someone is scared or stupid for buying an a/m hull and doesn't flip or roll it shows your ignorance.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I can roll my SJ all day. I admit I never came fully around on a flip, but I'm definitely not scared to try. It's just not how I prefer to ride.

There's quite a few guys I ride with that have a/m hulls that don't flip or roll but can surf ride better than most guys I have seen.

It's whatever floats your boat, but to imply someone is scared or stupid for buying an a/m hull and doesn't flip or roll it shows your ignorance.

Having a good time is what it is all about IMO. I never said anyone was stupid. Fear is probably the number one reason why people dont go for such tricks. I was scared the first few times i tried a roll or well failed at trying a roll lol, then i learned it was easy to do with the right technique and there was nothing to be scared about. Just go for it and hang on!

i'm definatly stupid, i have 2 hand fulls of AM hulls.

LOL! lucky man!

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Cracks me up to hear so much input from some individuals who have never even actually owned an aftermarket hull .wasn't the original topic supposed to be informative first hand input for help with a purchasing guideline,not just speculation or hearsay ? do i hear the individuals needed for pro engine review in the making ?

Last edited:

swapmeet

Brotastic
The water is wet.

*waits for Wanderer to come and explain why I'm wrong about this too...*

I'm just tying to give the OP unbiased answers. Things he can research, because his searches were coming up short. Unless someone asks 'any reasons I should or shouldn't buy _____ hull?' I don't see any point in playing the name blame game.

You are correct, we use the word "wet" to describe the feel of water. I thought my response was polite and appropriate, you must disagree. Edit: I hope ya have a great summer

Last edited:

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Cracks me up to hear so much input from some individuals who have never even actually owned an aftermarket hull .wasn't the original topic supposed to be informative first hand input for help with a purchasing guideline,not just speculation or hearsay ? do i hear the individuals needed for pro engine review in the making ?

I have built a brand new XFS and also rode that ski for over an hour, also have rode 5 other a/m hulls, just haven't like any of them enough to trade in the SJ lol.

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Yami rider i have liked your input in this thread ,you are solid ! none of my input was directed at you ,your thoughts are credible in my book .

I've had 4 so do I make it into your club?

I was looking for info from people who have ridden a number of A/M hulls. And could shed some light on how they ride comparatively. Something along the lines of "I've owned x, y, and z hull.. X hull had these advantages.. y hull has these, and z hull sucks balls." "These hulls didn't seem quite as stable, but they come out of the water much easier than these other hulls".

Regardless of whether or not it has been covered in some buried thread somewhere (which I already did my due diligence looking for) the members of this site seem to be opinionated enough that they shouldn't have any problems voicing those opinions just one more time for me. I think Yami-rider has given the best comparative analysis thus far, as vague as it was. I honestly stopped following my own thread after the first page.

I was looking for info from people who have ridden a number of A/M hulls. And could shed some light on how they ride comparatively. Something along the lines of "I've owned x, y, and z hull.. X hull had these advantages.. y hull has these, and z hull sucks balls." "These hulls didn't seem quite as stable, but they come out of the water much easier than these other hulls".

Regardless of whether or not it has been covered in some buried thread somewhere (which I already did my due diligence looking for) the members of this site seem to be opinionated enough that they shouldn't have any problems voicing those opinions just one more time for me. I think Yami-rider has given the best comparative analysis thus far, as vague as it was. I honestly stopped following my own thread after the first page.

You asked for opinions and you got them, if you don't like it or don't take time to read them, you can always go elsewhere!

Last edited:

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
Well we are all squids at some point too rubbertoe. I dont know a lot of guys who get a new hull and go out and land their first backflip ever on the first try. If a hull cant take the abuse its not always on the builder but since they build it and they determine the layup and strength of materials used, I would hope not to be told well this hull is only to be used by those who can land a flip perfectly or go plate to plate. We all get better as we learn usually so if the hull cant take some abuse I want to know even if it ki nda derails the thread some. Im in the lower class low budget hull market too so its all relevant info to me.

I went out and pulled off my first attempt at a back flip!

I've been attempting to recreate that moment ever since. Plenty of failed flips and rolls, my EME is still looking pretty fresh (has some gel stress cracks) and rides great. The thing is built like a tank with carbon and glass, but does weigh in at 99lbs bare... If I was going to buy another hull, it would be the 2013/2014 Hurricane hull, they look so nice, and they can take a beating from what I've seen. AND they are super light...

Top Bottom