FX-1 FX1 Factory B-Pipe. Gas Tank touching

Factor B-Pipe install. Just got the tank back in. VERY tight / touching the pipe on one area. Rotating pipe a little either way still has slight contact. By pushing on the tank, I have slid down a double layer of kevlar woven fabric between the pipe and the tank. Is this good enough? Or should I pull the tank (not fun) and "adjust" via a hammer to make more room for the tank? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 11022009.jpg
    11022009.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 11022009(001).jpg
    11022009(001).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 11022009(002).jpg
    11022009(002).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 63

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
it should be fine....I had to do a similar thing a couple years ago one my FX-1. as long as the fabrics stays in place it should be fine!

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
I have done a few 550/650 conversion's and using a heat gun on the tank and forming a dent in the side of it work's great for those clearance issues.

There's two styles (early and late) of rear tank mounts, the later mount has a thick rubber block on it that helps bias the tank forward. I can't see from your pics which style you have, but might be a factor?? It's always really close whatever mount you have, but the newer style helps.

I had the same problem with mine and I actually only have a small piece of turf folded in half between mine and it has held up fine all season..

Top Bottom