Surfriding Fx1 or rn

How do the full length footwells compare to foot holds I've been interested in them but wasn't sure how good they keep your feet in.

All depends on how you shape the top of the footwell. My footwells are shaped very square with a just about 90 degree turn from the vertical to horizontal when looking from the back. This helps me lock my back foot in better then ones that make a slow arch up to the horizontal portion. The way i have them, they dont lock in quite like a foothold. But with some creative padding and turf you could make your foot lock in as well as a foothold.

either 1 would be perfect for surf riding...just remember tho that the surf puts a pounding on your ski. so she won't stay pretty to long. and you'r fx looks good from the photo. If you have the money it never hurts to have a back-up ski.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
either 1 would be perfect for surf riding...just remember tho that the surf puts a pounding on your ski. so she won't stay pretty to long. and you'r fx looks good from the photo. If you have the money it never hurts to have a back-up ski.

Very true! If you are already used to the fx1 and ride it really well on flatwater but struggled your first time riding surf with it then its not the ski... Im not knocking you at all but riding surf is much different and it doesnt matter how big your tray or ski is... If youve never ridden surf you will struggle at first. Basically if you didnt feel great riding surf with it then I wouldnt say get rid of the ski and buy a SJ. You should ride surf for 6 months and see what you think after that or maybe swap skis with people you ride with to see if you like the SJ better without having to buy one right away

Very true! If you are already used to the fx1 and ride it really well on flatwater but struggled your first time riding surf with it then its not the ski... Im not knocking you at all but riding surf is much different and it doesnt matter how big your tray or ski is... If youve never ridden surf you will struggle at first. Basically if you didnt feel great riding surf with it then I wouldnt say get rid of the ski and buy a SJ. You should ride surf for 6 months and see what you think after that or maybe swap skis with people you ride with to see if you like the SJ better without having to buy one right away

Ding Ding WINNER!!
I thought I was a decent rider on flat water. Got in the salt and learned right away it was a whole nother ball game

I have been wanting to switch since i rode IDOK's F1pro... It made my sj feel like a tank. I found out I don't like the wide freestyle hulls, but do like the shorter length. So it only makes sense to go that direction and the price is like icing on the cake...

Big wide and long sponsons, widened tray, pump mod are the first things I will do...

650 pump, or yamaha sj pump??

I like the design of the kawi and would like to go that direction unless that is just a bad option.

Top Bottom