fx1 or square nose?

Hey,

I am trying to figure out getting a stand up for this coming year. I was wondering if you guys could help make my decision easyer. ok So here are the choices.

I am thinking if i can get the money together to get icerockets square nose.

Its either that fully dont square nose, or this other option:

I have also found a 94 FX1 with a few of the little things that i would like to have on it.

The fx1 is closer to me, and about a grand cheaper. What do you guys say is the best option.

I am going to be riding flatwater and doing freestyle/freeride.

Thanks

P

PancakePete

Hey,

I am trying to figure out getting a stand up for this coming year. I was wondering if you guys could help make my decision easyer. ok So here are the choices.

I am thinking if i can get the money together to get icerockets square nose.

Its either that fully dont square nose, or this other option:

I have also found a 94 FX1 with a few of the little things that i would like to have on it.

The fx1 is closer to me, and about a grand cheaper. What do you guys say is the best option.

I am going to be riding flatwater and doing freestyle/freeride.

Thanks

Go with the super jet ! :biggthumpup:

:Banane01: super jet, it's worth the extra thousand.. and the road trip... p.pete my sister also lives in toms river... pete i know you must have many picks but if you want more let me know:Banane01:

Last edited:
P

PancakePete

super jet, it's worth the extra thousand.. and the road trip... p.pete my sister also lives in toms river...

Really.... Sweet ! Let me know the next time your up this way... we can rip and have a beer ! :cheer:

Hogggman

Stock Sucks
Fx1s never get a good rap. I love mine and guys that own them love them. They have a cult like following kinda like the x2. For flatwater the small pump shouldnt hurt you too bad at all.

EvanB85

Team Poseur
There are way more parts available for the SuperJet, and a lot of them are interchangeable between square and round. Although, the FX1 graphics are totally rad.

:banghead: x's and f's are both a blast. i perfer a sj. go take all out borrow friends ect.. x, f, and s...see what you perfer. i ride both round and square sj wouldn't want to get rid of either... all preference thow..:banghead:

just joe

Site Supporter
For me, the FX1, no question. I have 1 round, 1 square, 1 FX1, and 1 SXR. If I don't pay attention, I automatically grab the FX1 for a ride. It seems to be my first choice, naturally.

The round is fun, predictable, somewhat stable, and a great ride. The square is almost too predictable, and very stable. My wife loves it almost as much as the SXR. :cool2: The SXR is a blast, but very boat like. I think I can ride it all day without getting wet, and still have fun. I ride the square to keep up with my wife on the SXR in chop, and struggle doing so.

The fx1, it is harder to ride, much less predictable, more maneuverable, easier to fling about, and because of that, it's usually more fun for freeride. When you get used to the FX1, it's fun watching others try to handle it. You forget all the little things you learn riding it that keep you sunny side up, like never losing concentration or taking it for granted.

So, if you want to perfect certain tricks by doing them over and over, the stable, predictable nature of the square is an advantage. However, if you want to hit the water for some fun, the FX1 is the best.

I'm still new and learning, and this is just my opinion.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Get the Square. Its fully rebuilt, its versatile, it has more avliable parts, and when you're done with it you can still get good money for it, or swap the stuff in it into a Roundnose or aftermarket hull..

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Alot of the FX1 stuff can switch into a round down the road too, from what I have seen the FX1 hulls seem to have a higher resale because they are more rare.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Almost all the parts for a SJ will fit an FX1. Aside from pump and motor mounts (which are the same as a B1) there are many interchangeable parts. I think the FX is a very underrated ski! 40 lbs lighter than a super, true fuberglass hull, same motor as SJ, and $1,000 cheaper :Banane01:

Of course I'm biased to owning a FX, but I love mine. It is like ridding a 550 with power, not as stable as a SJ, but it is very fun to ride.

romack991

homebrewed
go with the fx one or find a cheaper square or go with a roundnose.

no offense to icerockets ski but no way would i pay 3000K for a square nose that uses 650 cases and intake. i've seen similar rounds go for roughly the same price with better motor setups.

I like my FX_1

I have had my FX a Year this March love it. I have been on both round and square,I like them but there is just something about the Fx. But yes takes alittle getting used to.Haven't done alot of tricks but plan on it.:biggthumpup:

i am going to be mostly doing play around freestyle and im leaning more towards the fx1 because of it being lighter and more fun to throw around (as i've heard)

the one i am looking at has the 144mm pump, is that better or worse?

and how would the fx1 be for just cruising around, i am not looking at top speed but i dont want to be too limited

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
i am going to be mostly doing play around freestyle and im leaning more towards the fx1 because of it being lighter and more fun to throw around (as i've heard)

and how would the fx1 be for just cruising around, i am not looking at top speed but i dont want to be too limited

The 144 pump is much better. Its the pump thats in an Sj which it bigger than the stock FX1 pump.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1

If it already has the "pump"....Buy it. At 1000.00 less the hull is almost like a shorter freestyle SJ already. The response here so far is 10 FX-1 to 4 Superjet.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.

If it has the pump you better jump on that deal. The pump conversion from Blowsion is $1,400.

Top Bottom