Gave a guy a heart attack today.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Ya not your fault the guy flipped out.. And that was TOTALLY uncalled for the the cop accused you of giving the moron a heart attack! I'd file a complaint against him for wrongful accusation or something of the sort- Edited: Actually I was just telling the wife about this and she, being a Crim Justice major, said that is Slander.. Thats kind of a moral thing, how would he feel if someone accused him of giving a guy a heart attack when he went code in his cruiser?? BS...

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
A similar thing happened to me last year . old dude was screaming and yelling at me for nothing, I was on a Seadoo so I just cut the motor off and stared him down, he didn't know what to think about that so he shut up and went back in his house.

Wow that sounds exactly like what happened to me a few weeks ago. I came through the no wake zone at a minumum speed to be kneeling and then some choade with a cigarette boat told me I caused his boat to "smash" against the dock and that its a no wake zone. I then calmly stated to him that its actually a "minimum wake zone" and that the minimum wake speed can vary between different water crafts and that the speed I was going was the minimum wake speed for ME. Then I told him to have a nice day. Life truely is too short to be wasted on anger. Dont blame yourslef for what that guy said. Sounds like he was simply having a bad day and was waiting to prey on someone.

This brings up an interesting point as I just got my first standup recently. Do you guys get hassled/ ticketed /warnings from water patrol officers if you are going the minimum speed you can and still stand-up in the tray?? Or does the law expect you to kneel in the tray and idle? Just curious what other's experiences have been with the law and various interpretations..

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Cops have made me drag behind my ski before. Depends on the cop I'm sure but most will hold fast to idle speed.

kraqus

Site Supporter
This brings up an interesting point as I just got my first standup recently. Do you guys get hassled/ ticketed /warnings from water patrol officers if you are going the minimum speed you can and still stand-up in the tray?? Or does the law expect you to kneel in the tray and idle? Just curious what other's experiences have been with the law and various interpretations..

Not sure about kneeling but I would think is irrelevant. 5 mph is 5 mph whether you kneel or stand. Kind of hard to stand at that speed IMO. Make sure you always have a Fire Extinguisher, A Whistle, a USCG approved vest and a Copy of your registration and DL in your ski at all times.....A-hole cops will try to get you for anything....

Benny

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
I think you you guys need to think about what your saying and who it might affect when you say things like that. I don't know any of you but it really pisses me off that anyone would wish a heart attack or death on anybody. Grow up.

SuziQ

Banned
I think you you guys need to think about what your saying and who it might affect when you say things like that. I don't know any of you but it really pisses me off that anyone would wish a heart attack or death on anybody. Grow up.

unfort a wetod thread seems to happen every spring...I agree. I think it is just all the guys pumped up to ride, so their hormones are up. :shrug:

junkyardj

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

bro i think your taking that a bit serious all the guys here are a bunch off fools on the keyboard but when it comes down to it MOST of the peeps on here are pretty stand up guys that would wish nothing bad on anyone

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
"No Wake Zone" means slowest speed to SAFELY navigate/maintain control of your vessel. So it does vary depending upon the vessel.

I am waiting to go through a zone (on my knees) and have some douche tell me to slow down.

:Banane57:

Top Bottom