Freestyle Giro Remedy vs Shred Ready Helmet Comparison (Pictures)

I bought a large giro remedy and a shred ready full face (one size fits all). I decided to keep the shred ready, because it is SOO light and does not absorb any water. Here are some side by side pictures if anyone is interested. Both are good helmets, but the shred ready feels like you are wearing nothing at all. I have a large head (59cm 23-1/4 inch 7-3/8 Hat), and still like how it fits. It comes with interchangeable pads and is available in carbon fiber. Inbox me if you have any questions!

http://www.shopatron.com/products/p.../part_number=SDFF/343.0.1.1.10087.10085.0.0.0

http://www.xsportsprotective.com/giro-remedy-helmet-fullface-2010.html

IMAG2778.jpgIMAG2777.jpg

No Problem! I would say the giro absorbs impacts better, because it has so much more padding. I am not that crazy of a rider, and thought the shred ready would prevent bumps and cuts. Hopefully I never find out! haha

kraqus

Site Supporter
This is a great Post.
You can clearly see the differences from both Helmets.
That Shred ready looks Tits! and the price is just right.
I am ordering one.

Thanks for posting man.

Benny

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I was about to pull the trigger on one not that long ago, but read reviews about them being not very comfortable.

Please give this thing a few rides and report back!

I have the red shred ready and really like it. It's not the absolute most comfy i've ever worn but it's small and super light, and as op stated, holds no water. Plus the red is a sweet metallic haha. I'll throw some pictures up

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I have been online a few times today googling the CF Giro Remedy as a potential b-day gift from my wife. They are sweet helmets for sure and thanks for sharing your opinion.

Is your Remedy the CF version? I have an old Giro that has served me well for the last 4 seasons but it is about time to upgrade and the idea of a lightweight helmet is really getting my attention.

Here's some pictures of the red one. Next to my old beat up snowmobile/dirtbike HJC helmet for comparison. I couldn't find any pictures of the inside of the shred ready when I was looking at them online, so I took a couple. I feel that its kinda a narrow helmet, or I have a wide head. I had to cut the pads a little shorter so I didn't have any on the sides of the helmet. I also had to remove that goofy extra strap that came on the helmet....I don't even know what it was in there for but I could not get the helmet on with it attached. After a little adjusting, it works perfect. And with all the metallic, if I'm floating dead in the water, I'll look like a big dumb giant floating fishing lure, easy to spot

photobucket-1415-1341278742096.jpg

photobucket-1593-1341278742600.jpg

photobucket-1569-1341278743182.jpg

photobucket-1441-1341278741516.jpg

Offroadie

Living the dream.
I have been online a few times today googling the CF Giro Remedy as a potential b-day gift from my wife. They are sweet helmets for sure and thanks for sharing your opinion.

Is your Remedy the CF version? I have an old Giro that has served me well for the last 4 seasons but it is about time to upgrade and the idea of a lightweight helmet is really getting my attention.
I have the CF version of the Remedy. I love it! It's extremely lightweight (even wet) and the cheek pads are available in various thicknesses.

The Shred looks alright, but it looks to be lacking in the padding department to me.

My Remedy is not CF. I ordered the CF version of the Shred Ready, but they sent the regular one. I was billed for the CF price and a little upset. Called 'shopatron' and they promised to refund the difference. And they did, but actually refunded me too much, so I only paid $50 for my shred ready. :)

A few people mentioned comfort of the shred ready. It is tight going onto my head, so it is not something I pull on and off all the time. But after it is on my head it feels like nothing is there at all. I just have to spread the bottom apart when I put it on. I left the occipital lock in mine, I like it alot. With it tightened down properly the helmet does not move a single mm, in any direction.

Last edited:
Just called SR and placed and order. The person I spoke I think was Tom. He was very helpful, and I told him about the X and how I saw The Shred Ready.

I encouraged him to check it out and make a profile. It will ship on monday I will give a review of mine.

I have a Giro Remedy that the rivets are rusting and it is kinda falling apart also.

It took awhile getting use to the impact going the water with the Giro. The SR looks like it will cut right through the water, Stoked

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Are the vents on the Shred Ready directly over the ears?

Top Bottom