gp800 66e motor???

aqua

the taco
I was reading about superramjet having one of these in his ski in his new ski thread. From what i understand is that is has a stock cylinder on the case. I thought sit down motors had different port timing than standup motors. Is the porting altered to make it more ideal for standup use or does it already have a strong bottom end power? What is the deal with these and what does it take to put on in a sj. Why would the intake manifold need to be different than stock? Seems that there is not much info on this setup as of yet. He appears to be very pleased with it by what i read. Before I get bashed with, "you need to improve your skills first", let me just say that I am probably not ready for a motor like this right now but just wanna know.

thanks all

TheSimpleManLance

cant take me anywhere
i say screw the skills, with the motor you just hit it and hang on. it should fling that ski any which way you want to go.

i built a big motor for my quad and i am no pro at riding quads. i just get on and hit it. i will improve my skills as i go.

i was also wondering about this set up.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Here are my thoughts:

Polaris Octane engine in SJ:
need bedplate or move the motor mounts, CG Racing did the bedplate
most of the other stuff works, B pipe/Polaris intake/Polaris electrical

GP800 engine in SJ:
need bedplate or move the motor mounts, right now you have to buy an X-Jet or REV from Waterdawg
exhaust, so far Waterdawg is the ONLY source for one that will fit
intake, same as exhaust as far as I know because the oem carbs are pretty much in the bilge and on a standup that's not a good idea, so you have to get Waterdawg's intake setup

Until someone besides Waterdawg does this, it is a risky proposition because you are putting all your eggs in one unreliable basket.

Just my opinion/thoughts.

disclaimer: I may be wrong on the intake stuff

F

Freestyleriverrat

Jet is right. To do the gp800 motor you need to rely on Waterdawgs. Intake manifold from them, reed spacer to change the poistion/angle on the intakes, exhaust manifold and expansion chamber, and a different gas tank. I am contemplating doing a gp800 set up instead of a stroker lamey. Waterdawgs is developing some cool stuff so you can pretty much drop the gp800 in a superjet.

http://www.waterdawgkustomz.com/products/xjet/xjet.htm

The good thing about the gp800 is it is just a larger motor that can be made to make some huge power but more importantly torque. In its stock form I think that motor makes 120+ hp. That is standard BB 760 power right there w/o breaking a sweat. Jeff also is in the process of developing those 1200cc cylinders :bigeyes: We are all sitting back to see how that goes.

Below are some pics of the 1200cc, 6m6, 61x and 62t reed cages, 66e vs 62t cages and a 61x cylinder vs the 66e. Lats pic is a lamey vs a 61x cylinder.

I have talked to several guy about this set up and all of them said they will never build anouther 62t based motor. Great for flatwater b/c this motor can make some insane power. I want to ride one :woot:

Attachments

• rev&oregon083.jpg
    rev&oregon083.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 242
  • reeds1.jpg
    reeds1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 237
  • x-jet 66e-2.jpg
    x-jet 66e-2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 203
  • x-jet 66e.jpg
    x-jet 66e.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
But the same difference, it was a Polaris Motor in a SJ............... you would have to do about the same mods........ Bedplate and or Motormount relocation...........

I get the feeling that a snowmobile engine would take few (LOT) more mods than just relocating the engine mounts or fabing up a bedplate (Chuck got pretty anal when I posted that a sled engine was easy to find).

F

Freestyleriverrat

The gp800 can make 160hp easy where to get that power out of a 62t motor you need a mechanical advantage like a stroker crank. I would like to see some dyno #'s. Torque is what I am interested to see between the two platforms.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
I'm going the 66E route myself, it's a no brainer. Right now it sucks for me because Jeff is still developing his parts, so I have to wait and wait and wait. But when they're ready, I think they'll be worth the wait. I don't have any skills and I could care less about skills, I just want BIG POWER :smile:

F

Freestyleriverrat

I'm going the 66E route myself, it's a no brainer. Right now it sucks for me because Jeff is still developing his parts, so I have to wait and wait and wait. But when they're ready, I think they'll be worth the wait. I don't have any skills and I could care less about skills, I just want BIG POWER :smile:

Tom got his running great and did a comparison between his boat and a 8mm lamey.......ate the other boat up. And it was cheaper to build than the lamey.

aqua

the taco
i wonder how much waterdawgkustomz charges for the chamber, ex manifold and intake man. are they reasonable....or is it something like would be seen on lenzi's and malone's sites

F

Freestyleriverrat

I think it is like $1500 or so for everything (manifolds, spacer, exhaust and gas tank). Someone correct me if I am wrong. I talked them the other day and it takes time to do the pipe so you will be waiting. He deveolped the pipe using some sort of software and on water testing. If factory pipe developed it you wil probably have a little more power but I cannot say how much more. The ski's rip with them so he is doing something right :boggled: :fingersx: It would obviously be better if done with state of the art equipment.

You can probably do a complete conversion for $2000-2500. That is about the price of a lamey cylinder only.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSimpleManLance

cant take me anywhere
I wonder how big of a jump that would be from my 650 :biggrin:

If only the wallet allowed... damn gas fiends.

now thats what im talking about, go big or go home. :cheer:

you would probably have to learn how to ride the thing again.

now with a motor that wouldn't you have to change other things like the pump?

If you don't want to rely on waterdawg you might be able to modify the pipe malone is using for his skis (if you can get one). You can run an xft or 550 gas tank. I did not because the motor drinks fuel and you burn it quickly. All of my setup will fit in a sj (I have a sj bottom on mine) you need to relocate the front mounts and move your battery. Riva used to make upright intake manifolds, I havent' been able to find one yet but someone must have one. I have stock cylinders and yes the port timing is different than what you want, but it's still way more power than you've been dreaming about. However the cylinder can be modified by resleeving and while you are resleeving you might as well bore it for bigger pistons. I have a new pair of cylinders, pistons, head setup coming this week that put down some impressive numbers on Lamey's dyno. Bigger numbers than the 10mm stroker built for lenzi. (hp and torque). After I tune this setup, I'll be working on propping the 144mag pump. You can go as big a 1200cc on this platform, you cannot on the polaris or 62t platform. I'm done with the 62t motor, it's just not the same anymore.

Top Bottom