gp800 66e motor???

gumper

Gumper
Is that a billet 1200 twin cylinder setup?? Who makes it? Is that in production or one of the unobtaniums? What kind of HP would something like that put out.....I would think you have a challenge matching the impeller to something with the torque/HP something like that would put out.....

F

Freestyleriverrat

Is that a billet 1200 twin cylinder setup?? Who makes it? Is that in production or one of the unobtaniums? What kind of HP would something like that put out.....I would think you have a challenge matching the impeller to something with the torque/HP something like that would put out.....

On that motor you need a magnium pump in it and you have to work the impeller pitch to whatever works best. I think superramjet is trying different setups at the moment. HP out put is insane......I have heard estimates but am not willing to say :27: It will be violent almost uncontrollabel power is all I will say from talking to gusy about the prototype. No one needs that really......not even the pro freestyle guys. The lead time on the cylinder is a while. It is all made by waterdawgs. I would imagine that the wait is at least a year for something like that. Maybe less b/c billit does not take as much time as composite items like hulls. If he were to drop everything and spend a couple weeks doing the cylinders I bet he could get 5 units ready. It is a billit cylinder w/ ???what sleeve......custom I imagine.

Guys,

Seems to mee with this much power the hull would need to be changed to get the full benefit. I would like to see a superjet based bottem hull, with a larger intake area, larger pump...maybe a pump the size of what is on some of the larger sitdowns.......I can just see cavitation like a mother with that motor...but I am probably wrong

F

Freestyleriverrat

Aawww...come on Jess, when is it ever about "Need"???

Besides, Malone's new skis appear to have similar power - as does Lenzi.

I bet you can build a Glass version of the REV or X-jet w/ the bb gp800 for under 10k :bigeyes: But you may wait 2 years

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freestyleriverrat

Guys,

Seems to mee with this much power the hull would need to be changed to get the full benefit. I would like to see a superjet based bottem hull, with a larger intake area, larger pump...maybe a pump the size of what is on some of the larger sitdowns.......I can just see cavitation like a mother with that motor...but I am probably wrong

155mm skat magnium pump, bolts right up to the x-jet or rev hull with the correct pump shoe. I am not promoting this stuff, I am just saying that these guys have been going these boats for years now and people are just now hearing about it. I will forward as much info as I can if interested in this powerplant. I find it quite interesting myself

TheSimpleManLance

cant take me anywhere
On that motor you need a magnium pump in it and you have to work the impeller pitch to whatever works best. I think superramjet is trying different setups at the moment. HP out put is insane......I have heard estimates but am not willing to say :27: It will be violent almost uncontrollabel power is all I will say from talking to gusy about the prototype. No one needs that really......not even the pro freestyle guys. The lead time on the cylinder is a while. It is all made by waterdawgs. I would imagine that the wait is at least a year for something like that. Maybe less b/c billit does not take as much time as composite items like hulls. If he were to drop everything and spend a couple weeks doing the cylinders I bet he could get 5 units ready. It is a billit cylinder w/ ???what sleeve......custom I imagine.

i could use something like that. nothing like braaap and you just did a backflip. :biggthumpup:

F

Freestyleriverrat

i could use something like that. nothing like braaap and you just did a backflip. :biggthumpup:

That is about all the boat would be good for. Gas hogg, violent power. That is why the REV hull was developed. You won't be hood riding a ski with that much power. Arial maneuvors is what that boat is designed for. No hand holds, no scupper. Plus if the shiz break Waterdawgs is the only place that makes it so be prepared to wait a while......can we say lamey stroker back up motor

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
Guys,

What do you think the bottom is based on? Jeff has 3 different bottoms based on the Superjet bottom. The first one had a larger intake and it didn't work very well. You don't need a larger pump, you just need a Magnum :biggthumpup:

F

Freestyleriverrat

believe it or not I hear that that motor revs up fast also so it should be pleanty responsive. Superramjet hook us up with some more video so we can hear that beast.

aqua

the taco
sounds kinda fun!! was reading where someone rode malones ski and they said it was so responsive that you just crank the bars and gun it and it almost by itself seems to go into an aerial move. sounds dangerous!!! but fun!!! i cant even imagine that kind of power. if this compares i would think that the long wait is mostly what would keep people from jumping in on it.....that and it being difficult to have enough throttle control for hood tricks. i almost ripped my leg off riding on my hood when my leg pinned the throttle on my sj and i might..say again..might be breaking the 100hp mark.

Every time i ride it i have to change, repair or try something new in the setup. It's not turn key or a proven package yet (or even readily available). The extra motor weight, torque and horsepower create so many new problems that were never issues with the 62t motor. I'm going for near perfection on my setup and am still a bit away. I don't like the weight 800 motor or the weight of the heavy 148mm pump and the ill handling effects it creates because of the length and size of the bigger pump. I don't like not having a waterbox, and I don't like total loss and water injection. Most importantly I really don't like running $8 gallon fuel. But im working on those issues right now and will eventually get them fiqured out. I still plan of putting in a 144mag, new cylinder combo (pump gas friendly), having a waterbox fabricated, adding a lightweight crank shaft and milling excess weight off my motor . Even with the above gripes its still kills anything I've ridden and I'm already so spoiled I won't ride my other ski. My wamiltons hull with a team scream 5mm feels heavy and performs like a stock 550 in comparison. Probably my favorite thing about this motor is the "tear your face off" torque not available from any 62t motor combo. I'm not saying this is the best freestyle motor ever, and its not for everybody. but it's my favorite ski and the best performing ski i"ve ever ridden.

Its so much work to build and maintain this, I suggest you have a backup ski. I've got 4 years into my setup.

Short video of 3rd ride

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=45BF7CFE3B1B672E

Last edited:

douglee25

m3booooy
Every time i ride it i have to change, repair or try something new in the setup. It's not turn key or a proven package yet (or even readily available). The extra motor weight, torque and horsepower create so many new problems that were never issues with the 62t motor. I'm going for near perfection on my setup and am still a bit away. I don't like the weight 800 motor or the weight of the heavy 148mm pump and the ill handling effects it creates because of the length and size of the bigger pump. I don't like not having a waterbox, and I don't like total loss and water injection. Most importantly I really don't like running $8 gallon fuel. But im working on those issues right now and will eventually get them fiqured out. I still plan of putting in a 144mag, new cylinder combo (pump gas friendly), having a waterbox fabricated, adding a lightweight crank shaft and milling excess weight off my motor . Even with the above gripes its still kills anything I've ridden and I'm already so spoiled I won't ride my other ski. My wamiltons hull with a team scream 5mm feels heavy and performs like a stock 550 in comparison. Probably my favorite thing about this motor is the "tear your face off" torque not available from any 62t motor combo. I'm not saying this is the best freestyle motor ever, and its not for everybody. but it's my favorite ski and the best performing ski i"ve ever ridden.

Its so much work to build and maintain this, I suggest you have a backup ski. I've got 4 years into my setup.

Short video of 3rd ride

Please excuse my ignorance, but is Waterdawg the one fabbing your parts? It's funny because even before I heard anything about this motor, I've toyed with the idea of putting one in a superjet. Is this possible for the typical do-it-yourself guy?

Doug

Edit: I just watched that vid... Damn! You got some serious air and distance on like a 2 ft. wave. Wow!

Last edited:
Please excuse my ignorance, but is Waterdawg the one fabbing your parts? It's funny because even before I heard anything about this motor, I've toyed with the idea of putting one in a superjet. Is this possible for the typical do-it-yourself guy?

Doug
Skywalker and I tried a couple of times but could never get past the pipe. I'm sure somebody else beside waterdawg could fabricate those parts,but I don't have the resources or knowledge myself or know anybody else. My parts are from waterdawg.

douglee25

m3booooy
Skywalker and I tried a couple of times but could never get past the pipe. I'm sure somebody else beside waterdawg could fabricate those parts,but I don't have the resources or knowledge myself or know anybody else. My parts are from waterdawg.

That's the part that I've tried to study looking at as many pictures as I could find. I was thinking the easiest way would be individual pipes off off a flat plate bolted up to the exhaust ports. Are you carbs mounted on waterdawgs manifold or are they on the side like factory?

Doug

F

Freestyleriverrat

I really want to go over this set up with a fine toothed comb. See how much weight the motor is, how it changes the balance of the ski, how much power it makes ect. Power, torque and weight are all key. What performs better in a stock hull a lamey or a gp800? that is the question of all questions that I think will have a very complex anwser(s). I think it will be a trade off either way......both with pos and neg aspects.

aqua

the taco
I really want to go over this set up with a fine toothed comb. See how much weight the motor is, how it changes the balance of the ski, how much power it makes ect. Power, torque and weight are all key. What performs better in a stock hull a lamey or a gp800? that is the question of all questions that I think will have a very complex anwser(s). I think it will be a trade off either way......both with pos and neg aspects.

this setup will add about 18 more lbs to the weight of a sj. I would think that the motor would perform typical of its characteristic regardless of whether the hull is stock or custom like superramjet's with sj style bottom. in other words....i do not think that it would have any ill effects on a sj that it wouldnt have on a custom hull.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I was thinking along the lines of how that weight makes the boat handle. Toms hull only weighs like 70 pounds so the extra weight of the motor may take him up to a stock hull weight.

While we are on the subject I wonder how much Malones motor weighs. That polaris crank is beefy as well.

a stock 800 66e motor is not real impressive in the hull. A well built lamey 62t will outperform it. A big bore 66e motor is a whole different animal, it will kill a lamey motor. Knowing what i know now, I would not mess with the conversion unless I was going big bore.Stock Port timing is not favorable for a freestyle setup with the stock 66e cylinders nor is the 120lb compression oem head.

Extra 10-15lb of motor is not as noticable handling wise, it just does much more damage to the hull when you land it upside or on it's side.

Pump is the heaviest factor right now in my ski. It is not as "twitchy" handling as most properly setup freestyle skis. My 148mm is around 30lbs. You can feel the extra weight. Back end does not want to slide around , hookup is more racer like. I can't get the nozzle to turn as far as the 144mm pumps because of design , the factory tilt rings, and my steering cable needs to be slightly longer to get quicker turns (pump is longer).

my whole ski is 280lbs. Very few freestyle boats weigh less than this and they have lighter motors and pumps. I know Jeff's hull like mine with the 5mm lamey, oem pump weighed 245lbs. . my wammer hull with 62t motor is 300lbs and it's lighter than the average freestyle ski. I'm convince i could get down to 260lb by changing my pump, Switching cylinders and head, lightening the crank and removing the water injection and some grinding on the outside of the motor. Pump would lose 15lbs alone

lightweight hulls handle differently, you have to lean them more than a superjet to get them to turn, the hulls ride much higher out of the water and are very boyant. They pop out of the water hard on landings. I noticed that on Jeff's hull and Steve's lightweight.de hull

Last edited:

aqua

the taco

Short video of 3rd ride

what kind of problems have you had out of curiousity?

Top Bottom