Great Lakes Watercross 2013 Race Series

Hi everyone, a quick update on racing in the mid-west. I'm currently working our 2013 Race Series schedule. We will be on Lake Michigan in Kenosha this season along with lake Petenwell in central Wisconsin so far, some other irons in the fire and we'll see how they work out soon.
Check out the site www.greatlakeswatercross.com

Hello everybody, hope you all survived Thanksgiving Day.
I'm working on Great Lakes Watercross Race Series Dates for 2013 now. We will have 3 to 5 stops for the race season.
The first race date is Saturday, June 8th the weekend after the Dells ride, at the Lure Bar & Grill just up river.
I have 4 races set with the hosting sites as of now. At least 3 will be at The Lure on Saturdays. I'm going to do a press release with all the dates and site information ready before Christmas. I believe this should give everyone time to plan for the summer.

I'm working on a rec-rider part of the race days for those who are thinking about racing, but not sure they are ready to jump into a full blown IJSBA class. This would be a NO contact class to go out and run buoys.

Also if anybody out there has a video camera(s) that would like to help with filming and doing a live internet broadcast of the day’s event please chime in. We would like to showcase some of the racing and freestyle in our area for the world to see. Scott.
www.greatlakeswatercross.com

Standupwi, Will be cool to see the old 1100 continue to be part of racing. Look forward to seeing you and Brett at the races this summer.
Thumper333f, we will be running the Spec Class rules for stock ski racing. I have posted the ski spec rules on our web site.
Optima Mike, e-mail sent
If any of you have questions, please fell free to e-mail me greatlakeswatercross@live.com
Have a fast day.

Last edited:
What a great group of racers and familys that get together for the events in the past. Lets show are support to help out an get this tour bigger an better then ever before.

Last edited:

Tommygunz

Team PHP
Great to see you getting this back up and running Scott! Will you be incorporating freestyle into the format just like it use to be? We would be more than happy to be able to come put on a show and compete!

Pizz, tpain, GeorgeIV Thanks for the support. We look forward to seeing all of you on the 2013 Tour.
Tpain, Freestyle will be a main part of the program as always. You really give the sport a great positive impact with the public. I'm always hearing from spectators about the sick freestyle tricks.
I'll be reaching out to the Rec rider community with entry level classes this year. These Rec rider classes will be no contact buoy racing classes. I will also be announcing a reduced cost first time racer entry fee package, it will be dam near free to try it out. So if you have some of your rec rider buddy's that practice with you on weekends, let em know this might the time to give it a try.
The first 4 events are going to be on Lake Petenwell in Wisconsin. I am working on a couple other stops also. For all the latest news check out the web site. www.greatlakeswatercross.com Thanks, Scott.

Hey all, we came up with rules for the Vintage Ski Classes for 2013.
Take a look and give me your thoughts. I Think this should cover most Vintage watercraft that you may have and give everybody a class to race in.
We also have no-contact rules for the Vintage class, so if your thinking about trying personal watercraft racing this could be a place to give it a go.

For all the information check out the web site www.greatlakeswatercross.com

Great Lakes Watercross – 2013 Vintage Classes

Note: ALL Vintage classes are “No-Contact” classes. Please see the
“No-Contact” Racing addendum for details, as all competitors
(regardless of skill level) who enter any of the Vintage classes are
expected to abide by the “No-Contact” standards.

X-2 Stock
Bolt on aftermarket parts are allowed, but the motor must be a
Kawasaki 650 with stock stroke crankshaft and cylinder with stock-type
sleeves (no big bore cylinders).

X-2 Open
Run whatchu brung.

550 Vintage Ski Open
Cylinder and cases must be Kawasaki 550/440/400/300 based. No
“conversion” skis allowed.

650 Vintage Ski Open
Yamaha Super Jet = cylinder and cases must be Yamaha 650 with stock
stroke crankshaft and cylinder with stock-type sleeves (no big bore
cylinders).
Kawasaki 650SX = cylinder and cases must be Kawasaki 650 OR 750 with
stock stroke crankshaft.
Kawasaki JS550 = All “conversion” skis are allowed. If you can fit
the motor in a JS hull, you can race it in this class.

750 Vintage Ski Open
All ’07 and older Super Jets, all Polaris Octanes, all Kawasaki 750s.
785cc limit. run whatchu brung.

powerhouseperformance

www.PHPSKI.com
Site Supporter
I hope all these dates happen because I'm really excited to break out the bouy skis! There will be one more 650 SN a the line for vintage, but I'm not sure about this no touch rule... Cant wait to go racing again!

Top Bottom