Grips getting chewed up FAST....what do you use?

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I have been using ODI rouges religiously for years, but I notice that I am destroying them on the SXR. I like the cushion the rouges have, but I am thinking I need a harder compound grip so it lasts longer....I can't be plopping down $25 on grips every two months or so. I don't want to use glue-ons, so I guess I have to stick with ODI's....what are you guys using and how are they surviving?

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
What gloves, if any, do you wear? I had Rogues on the Kawi and the SJ and I ride every day(except winter), and they are holding up well. I wear Slippery gloves.

My son destroys Ruffians on the Blaster.He is wearing Stearns water-skiiing gloves.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I was actually asking the original poster, but that's cool. Just wondering if he wears some really agressive grip gloves. Some guys wear those mechanix gloves with the mesh grip, and that's like a cheese grater against soft rubber.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
What gloves, if any, do you wear? I had Rogues on the Kawi and the SJ and I ride every day(except winter), and they are holding up well. I wear Slippery gloves.

My son destroys Ruffians on the Blaster.He is wearing Stearns water-skiiing gloves.

I am wearing Jet Pilot gloves, but have some MX gloves on order. I wore Slippery's too, when I rode the Blaster. I think the JP's aren't helping.

ANT

Just ride
My ODI's are chewed up, i have about 3-4 months of ride time on them. they are lock ons so i'm considering buying a new set of handlebars to put a set of lock ons, on rather than try getting the old ones off my x-metal bars. they are comfartable so they are worth the money. i use slippery gloves and probably grip the hell out of them because im an mx racer, but mx is a good cross training because i never get fatigued riding my ski, and i do put my time in on my rides.

Top Bottom