Surfriding Has anyone sunk a Rickter?

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Its my understanding the Rickters only have a little poly in the tray area.... But as long as you drain the tray & keep it drained it should have enough air to keep the rear floating long enough to tow the ski in. I know the SF's ski stay floating without any foam in the tray, only air...

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
My Matrix is the same way. There is supposed to be enough foam in the tray area to float it even if the lower portion has a bit of water in it, although mine is still bone dry. I added nose foam for a little extra flotation as well but do not plan to test it any time soon.

The hood however was a different story. It slipped off the back of my ski a few months back and it was gone in the blink of an eye. I pulled my breather tubes and stuffed in a few sections of 3/4" foam pipe insulation making sure it couldn't block the airflow and it now it floats neutral with an inch or two above the surface. Not a bad fix for $1.50 and 8 grams of weight gain.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
My Matrix is the same way. There is supposed to be enough foam in the tray area to float it even if the lower portion has a bit of water in it, although mine is still bone dry..

My Trinity is still bone dry too. Very happy. Didn't think it was possible for a ski to stay dry.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Maybe make a false bulkhead in it and fill that area with foam as well. Should be some room availible up there I would think? In big surf it takes alot to keep a ski above water. An OEM Ski has nose foam and pole foam and tray foam so it will somewhat float.

sjetrider

I guess the added weight and per BOBBY "an entire case of plexus" pays off in that area. He has got to make the ONLY completely Sealed ski out there.

T Curtis

RRP/ RICKTER DEALER
Yes they float when sunk. HAHA I know that sounds funny but I have sunk one fs1 and sunk a fr2 so bad I would have thought bye bye, but it was fine. There is plenty of floatation even if you can't see it.

sjetrider

"My Trinity is still bone dry too. Very happy. Didn't think it was possible for a ski to stay dry".
"although mine is still bone dry"

2 quotes from 2 trinity owners.
And dont know dude #2 but I know if DJ's shiot is dry then that is a testimonial to a great sealing job.

Now if you were being sarcastic and meaning the bilge area then disregard above and your correct capitain obvious.

Just havin some fun, not hating on you but really I was surprized at those to statements myself.

:pokey:Korn only has like 20 hours on that thing :pokey:

lets see what happens after 100's of hours!

I am 100% convinced no ski can stay dry. Poly and drains for me soon.

Yes they float when sunk. HAHA I know that sounds funny but I have sunk one fs1 and sunk a fr2 so bad I would have thought bye bye, but it was fine. There is plenty of floatation even if you can't see it.

Well that's good news! I was tying to decide where to pack the styrofoam.

There is no room for any useful amount of nose foam but the areas next to the hood hooks and pole mount are sealed and is a larger area than it looks.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
Well that's good news! I was tying to decide where to pack the styrofoam.

There is no room for any useful amount of nose foam but the areas next to the hood hooks and pole mount are sealed and is a larger area than it looks.
do what jarrod did with his rok. stuff it with noodles and hacked up nose foam from a couch

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
The nose of the Matrix is very similar to the Rickter and I jammed the RN nose foam piece in with only minor trimming, not sure why it wouldn't work the same on the Rickter. Some say it's not worth the bother but IMO every little bit helps and there this is an all gain, no loss mod so why not do it the once and forget about it.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Exactly. I sunk my Superjet in the Oregon surf last June and I am convinced that it would have went down without the nose foam. Only a little bit of steering nozzle was above the water line.

Top Bottom