Help me with this decision

DC SUPERJET

Half a roll
I have a Roundie with the following:

Footholds
Riva Intake grate
Riva groovy ride plate
stainless prop (still unsure of the pitch)
limited b-pipe
shortened pole
UMI 0 degree bars

I can't decide if my next mod should be #.0's tubbies or a girdled head.

What do you think?

I've been leaning towards the head for some more power and because I just heard about the jugs having cracking issues with b-pipes.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I put some tubbies on my SN before last season
and I am still not sure I like them
If it was me, go for more power!
unless you dont like the way your boat handles now

brett

-------------
tubbies are great..a head would be nice and i know we got ya all worried about cracking your cylinder but it should be fine on a stock motor...

id say tubbies

DC SUPERJET

Half a roll
tubbies are great..a head would be nice and i know we got ya all worried about cracking your cylinder but it should be fine on a stock motor...

id say tubbies

Ya after all my lookin around and research on the b-pipe I never saw anything about the cylinders.

I have always heard handling before power too...hmmmmm
any more votes?

I usually try to just do a search and figure this out on my own instead of posting stupid questions, but I can't figure this one out.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
i vote head. get the insurance as early as you can. the tubbies can wait. makes no sense to have a great handling hull that sits on the trailer because the motor is cracked.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
i rode my bpipe..motor with a stock head for a year the surf with no probs...but you never know;)

plenty of people here that can say the exact opposite. :-(
personally i would get the head since you are going to want it eventually anyway and will be running a risk until you do get it. *shrug* or you could let luck tide you by. im just not much for counting on luck.

DC SUPERJET

Half a roll
I ride in lake michigan, so it's sorta both flat and surf (if you can call it that). And I'm plenty comfortbale on my ski, it always just seemed like tubbies were a must.

I'm going with a head. (for now)

Thank guys.

Top Bottom