Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

Hey guys, I have a jeep wrangler with a class 2 hitch. I believe the tongue weight is “200-300 lbs”. I’m wondering if I should upgrade to class 3(which I don’t really want to immediately) or whether anyone else is using class 2.

In addition, does anyone recommend a certain brand store-bought hitch carrier they’ve converted to carry skis? I’m in Hawaii…my options are limited. I might see if Rad Dudes is possible/affordable.

Is your class 2 the smaller 1 1/4 inch receiver or the bigger 2 inch? If you have the not so common class 2 with 2 inch you can try it, but I would not risk it, upgrade and never worry. I wouldn't want my ski taking a ride down the highway because the hitch broke.

If you have the smaller receiver then you 100% need to upgrade

Is your class 2 the smaller 1 1/4 inch receiver or the bigger 2 inch? If you have the not so common class 2 with 2 inch you can try it, but I would not risk it, upgrade and never worry. I wouldn't want my ski taking a ride down the highway because the hitch broke.

If you have the smaller receiver then you 100% need to upgrade

2 inch. I'll see if I can find an affordable class 3 on the island. Thanks.

Anyone got any really good designs for making the hauler lifting up and down so you can keep it up high to avoid too many rocks hitting it on the highway, (lots of construction zones in my area for the next 5 years) but then drop it down once at the launch? I want one for my truck so i can ditch the small trailer but I hate to back the truck in down to the bumper to get it on/off. Im thinking like 8-12" of travel. Maybe use a screw jack of some sorts.

I was considering the Rad dudes one for $200 but then noticed the $140 shipping change and thought twice. I could make my own for the shipping cost alone!

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
noticed the $140 shipping change and thought twice. I could make my own for the shipping cost alone!

qlTZoZt.gif

Ducky

Back in the game!
Anyone got any really good designs for making the hauler lifting up and down so you can keep it up high to avoid too many rocks hitting it on the highway, (lots of construction zones in my area for the next 5 years) but then drop it down once at the launch? I want one for my truck so i can ditch the small trailer but I hate to back the truck in down to the bumper to get it on/off. Im thinking like 8-12" of travel. Maybe use a screw jack of some sorts.

I was considering the Rad dudes one for $200 but then noticed the $140 shipping change and thought twice. I could make my own for the shipping cost alone!

Just make your way to one of the freerides that the Rad Dudes go to and buy one there to avoid shipping charges.

CRJ

Hibernating
Brian has me looking at a rack that goes over my tonneau cover rather than these now. Kinda how a sled on a sled deck gets hauled. Up out of the dirt and still have a open bed.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Interesting. Paul welded me up one. Slapped a FedEx label on it and shipped it just like it was..... He said Freight was about $30-40.00.

Granted, It was a bitch to get that FedEx sticker off.

i idnt make one that goes up and down. but have a ramp that clips on to slide from hitch hauler to beach kart. since mine will be on a lifte xj whit year that i would have to drive way down in the water lol

i idnt make one that goes up and down. but have a ramp that clips on to slide from hitch hauler to beach kart. since mine will be on a lifte xj whit year that i would have to drive way down in the water lol

Can you show via pics :)

Top Bottom