Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

Wow I wonder if it was a Factory Hitch, my escape had an aftermarket Curtis Hitch
Freestyle has a unibody frame, the hitch was fine, it broke where the hitch bolts to the frame, welds gave out on the right side, almost lost the ski. I managed to bend it back and now I am just care full with it, little to no tongue weight until I can get it rewelded.

Rad Dudes hitch hauler of course.
9uhyzybe.jpg

CRJ

Hibernating
I looked at your lifted truck and then the sign on the left with the price of gas and said...

big-red-nope-button.gif

Glad I live in a cheap gas state...lol
haha cheap? we pay $5.32 a gallon for 87 up here. this season should be fun puting 94 in the ski at $6.20 a gallon.

I have about a 6" drop in mine. My truck is lifted so this makes it a little easier to load and don't have to back in the water as far when I launch it

You have any pics of yours up close? Curious to see the how you did the drop. From the pic it looks like it's adjustable, no?

Tried to PM buy your box is full.

Got the basic layout from this forum, sat down sketched it up made a material list:
One 2x2 x.120 square tube 24 feet long
One pressure treated 2x4
Four eye bolts
One $5.00 entry rung from the lumber yard
One can of black rattle can paint that's been in the garage for years
Eight hours of fab and paint time = Years of service...
Even left a stub out of the main support to weld on another receiver onto so I can pull the couch around.
Saw that on this forum as well this site is the best...

My homemade hauler. It will accept a 1 1/4 inch hitch in the back of it as well, but I don't plan on using that option with the FJ.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403056608722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403056608722.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 197
  • uploadfromtaptalk1403056636735.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403056636735.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 198
  • uploadfromtaptalk1403056691741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403056691741.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 206

n0limits

makin' power
ha. I was thinking 4' as well I didn't want to over kill it but didn't want it to end up to short either.

Top Bottom