how long has your jetworks battery lasted?

how long has/did your jetworks batteries last.

• Total voters

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
yeah, Ill grab a 12v 18ah SLA the next time im at the local battery shop, and see how it works.

just from looking, it appears identical to the jetworks battery.

they are $35-$40 anywhere on the web, IF they are the same battery.

sweet, Matt E is convinced they are better than the $70 pc625, and they might end up being half the cost, WIN WIN.

madoyster

01/10/08

There was someone on the board who used to sell these, I don't recall who but he said the same thing. Thanks for the link I'll be trying it for sure.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I think you may be right on this one also ,I checked shipping and it was $16.95 to ALABAMA,not too damn shabby.I currently have a Jetwerks but I may try one of these out so I can do a side by side comparison.

i always have good luck out of interstate batteries for about $35.00. neverstarts aint worth a damn and our local wallyworld want even make them up anymore

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
My Jetworks has been sitting on a shelf for 3 months since the Daytona ride and I put it on the charger the other day and it was fully charged in about 10 minutes which means it was 99% after 3 months .Not too shabby .

As far as the Ebay ad goes just because it looks similar does not mean it's the same quality .
Sea Doos look like jet ski's but we all know they suck azz and balls .

I will never buy another battery even with shipping a Jetworks 3000+ miles .
I'd rather have 1 Jetworks than 5 Wally world batteries :pokey:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
its not just the ebay ad, there are a zillion applications of the identical looking battery.

look up 12v 18ah SLA using google.

I wish jetworks would post the specs of their battery to compare to the others.
It is seriously doubtful that they actually make their own batteries.

WFO Speedracer

I am sure they have their logo stamped on the cases and thats about it,Art was very smart to do the research and find a decent battery that worked and bring it to this market though,you have to give him that much.I will have to look and see what those batteries actually cost me wholesale cause I don't pay retail and I don't pay for shipping.:nana:

So has anyone tested these batteries? They sure do look the same... Just curious if they can take the constant beating if they arent? Guess it's worth a try..

JAM

keefer

T1
its not just the ebay ad, there are a zillion applications of the identical looking battery.

look up 12v 18ah SLA using google.

I wish jetworks would post the specs of their battery to compare to the others.
It is seriously doubtful that they actually make their own batteries.

I have also thought that the Jetworks battery was just a high quality gel battery that was branded for him. I would also agree that other good quality gel batteries should work well.

crammit442

makin' legs
My Jetworks has been sitting on a shelf for 3 months since the Daytona ride and I put it on the charger the other day and it was fully charged in about 10 minutes which means it was 99% after 3 months .Not too shabby .

As far as the Ebay ad goes just because it looks similar does not mean it's the same quality .
Sea Doos look like jet ski's but we all know they suck azz and balls .

I will never buy another battery even with shipping a Jetworks 3000+ miles .
:pokey:

You are correct. Jetworks imports their batteries from Japan. They've had them made in Japan since way back in the mid nineties. When you have batteries made to order you're given case and terminal choices. Certain cases are compatable with certain terminals. The cheap batteries linked in the post above may LOOK just like the KB-35, but the inside is what counts. The thing that kills most of our batteries is shock/vibration. Vehicles with suspension are able to absorb some of the impact that our boats see. The reason the Jetworks battery is so tough is the epoxy lock plate system. I can't imagine the makers of backup batteries spending the money on that for a battery that sits in a building it's entire life. Why would they? Jetworks actually sells quite a few batteries to Baja racers because they hold up to punishment so well. The KB-35 also has more plates than normal batteries in the same size case. Charge it with a Battery Tender and it'll last a LONG time. It's also not an 18ah battery like those linked. It's 22.5ah. I don't personally care what anyone runs, but I figured I'd clear up some of the misinformation on this. I have two in boats and one on the shelf. Since I run all total loss ignitions I always bring an extra, but have never needed it. My gang brought 4 total loss boats to Daytona and rode Fri, Sat, and Sun with no charges and no problems. Remember.......penny wise, pound foolish.:cool:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
You are correct. Jetworks imports their batteries from Japan. They've had them made in Japan since way back in the mid nineties. When you have batteries made to order you're given case and terminal choices. Certain cases are compatable with certain terminals. The cheap batteries linked in the post above may LOOK just like the KB-35, but the inside is what counts. The thing that kills most of our batteries is shock/vibration. Vehicles with suspension are able to absorb some of the impact that our boats see. The reason the Jetworks battery is so tough is the epoxy lock plate system. I can't imagine the makers of backup batteries spending the money on that for a battery that sits in a building it's entire life. Why would they? Jetworks actually sells quite a few batteries to Baja racers because they hold up to punishment so well. The KB-35 also has more plates than normal batteries in the same size case. Charge it with a Battery Tender and it'll last a LONG time. It's also not an 18ah battery like those linked. It's 22.5ah. I don't personally care what anyone runs, but I figured I'd clear up some of the misinformation on this. I have two in boats and one on the shelf. Since I run all total loss ignitions I always bring an extra, but have never needed it. My gang brought 4 total loss boats to Daytona and rode Fri, Sat, and Sun with no charges and no problems. Remember.......penny wise, pound foolish.:cool:

I'm just curious where did you find the 22.5Ah rating of the Jet-Works battery? :scratchchin:

The Odyssey PC625 is only rated 18Ah at a 20-hour rate and 17Ah at a 10-hour rate.

The plate width is just too thin on the Jet-Works battery to have such a high rating IMO.

crammit442

makin' legs
I'm just curious where did you find the 22.5Ah rating of the Jet-Works battery? :scratchchin:

The Odyssey PC625 is only rated 18Ah at a 20-hour rate and 17Ah at a 10-hour rate.

The plate width is just too thin on the Jet-Works battery to have such a high rating IMO.

I got that straight from the horses mouth. If you look at the comparison chart on their website it shows the difference in back to back testing against "brand O". I always thought them calling it "brand O" was pretty funny.:silly: I seriously don't care what anyone runs for a battery, but IN MY EXPERIENCE the KB-35 is one of the best batteries on the market. I thought it was probably hype when Art first told me about them, but after having a couple of brand new Odyssey's and a bunch of neverstarts take a crap on me I'm sold. There's a reason so many racers(some sponsored by other battery companies) run them. If I didn't use the KB-35 I'd probably use Deka. If the Ebay battery works for you, then that's awesome.:cool: Just so you know, I don't make batteries and don't even really know much about them. I've just come to trust Jetworks over the last 5 or 6 years and have found them to be no BS kind of guys. They make some really innovative stuff and build as good or better motors than anyone. I can't think of any reason they'd make it up. Their reputation for these kind of batteries speaks for itself without lying about it. They don't even claim to have a dyno.:lmao:

P.S. FWIW Robert told me today the price on the KB-35 batteries is going up. Lead prices are way up and the KB-35 has been the same price since at least 1994.

KaosFreestyle

White on White
I will be going on my 2nd summer. I got fed up with Walmart batteries for 2 skis every year. Usually I would have problems with them through the summer too. Jetworks has yet to really cause me a problem.

WFO Speedracer

I know I rode my 300-550sx five or six times last summer,I never recharged the battery in between rides,it also sat up most of the winter,the battery was never charged during that period either,Hit the start button the other day and it fired right up,no big deal I guess except that I am running total loss.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Found a cheaper one for ya with the same 22Ah rating.

http://www.factoriesonline.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=1799784

The same site sells the 18Ah battery and its more money then the 22Ah battery.

Also the case dimensions are larger on the 18Ah battery but the weight is 0.15 lbs more on the 22Ah battery.

Jet-Works should put the battery specifications on the outside of the battery case like every one else does.

Top Bottom