How Many People Keep a Fire Extiguisher Onboard?

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I recently swapped mine for a tow rope. Never been checked until I swapped, that was my first ticket on the water.

I have one strapped on top of my battery. I have been asked to not only to show them I have one but also to pull it out for the Raccoon Ranger to inspect it. They make sure if the gauge is full or if the yellow top thing isn't gone

P

PancakePete

I used to have one strapped in like jett explained, problem is it broke loose and did some damage. broke off gas tank return nip. puncherd battery, went off and messed up some wires. it did something else but cant remember.

Id rather take the ticket.:tapedshut:

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I have heard that as long as the date on the extinguisher is valid then they cant say shiat... we dont have to have one with the gage on it... at least not in ohio....

ski4

gonzo
is this one of those "i'm too cool to carry one" things? Matt if your new ski ever caught on fire( it could happen) I bet you would be glad one of your crew had one handy. And you care how much for your buds and their skis?

sorry to single you out like that, but the point is its just a few dollars and a few pounds and I would rather endure that pain the the loss of a ski or fellow rider.

hope it never happens, and I will be glad I carried it all my times on the water even if I never use it.

its like tools, anyone ever notice if you bring all your tools you rarely have a need for em, but if you skip it that is the day everything goes wrong?

"Oh it will never happen" yeah that way of thinking worked well for the twin towers! Who would EVER have thought in a million years that would happen.

not that you can come close to comparing the two things- my point is poop happens- why not be prepared?

good point:scratchchin:

they have never once looked for an exp. date for me
just the trigger , to make sure it pops back up, that is all they care about. is it pressurized

I take it out and leave it in the boathouse when I'm riding my local lake, but when I venture out to unfamiliar waters I keep it on board. I've never been asked about it though.

KR

www.krlines.com
Despite the thought that the extinguisher would be used to help others. If my ski would catch on fire, I wouldn't swim away, nor spend the time reaching for the fire extinguisher. I would just unhook that hood latch and "flip the ski" over. Problem solved.
:arms:

Small town so I know all of the Marine Patrol. They dont even ask. Good thing cause thats where Uncle Jesse and I stash the moonshine.
Higs

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
i will have a glass in fire extinguisher holder that mounts into the gunwhales ready for purchase by the and of the week.

the installation will be similar to a foot hold and be universal for either side and any ski

pm me for orders.

thanks

justin

how many actualy store one on their stand up? I was also wondering how many have been busted with out one? Seems like they would just get beat up in some of the compartments i have seen.

If my ski were on fire I would roll it over and just swim away. I would not be trying to dig out the extinguisher and sticking around to pull the hood off exposing the fire to tons of oxygen, then try to put it out while swimming. Sounds rather dangerous to me!
Im pretty sure the fire extinguisher is mostly too help other boaters out when in need:usa2:

suck up.

y would we help someone who tries to run us over. not sure about anywhere else but it seems like every time we go out at least 1 boater makes some stupid move at us to try to scare us or make us think they are going to hit us. i would help a friend or another skier but isnt one of the rules to flip your ski and swim away if it starts on fire?? now y on earth if you are supposed to swim away from a burning ski would you ride up to another ski??

Top Bottom