How Many?

chixwithtrix

Addicted
Hi there
I followed your build on Youtube for the GP1R and based on that I hit Dustin up and now my hull kit is shipping any day now, as is my donor . So a huge thank you to you for getting me over the line, your content is very much appreciated. I will likely have a few build challenges (donor is a 15F) but I have built a few over the years so its stuff I like.
Heck yeah, congrats! Each build seems to be a different as each iteration has some changes, and we had a few head scratchers on ours. But if you are handy and have patience the reward of the ride is worth it. They are SO planted, we get crushed in the corners on our wee little legs that haven't been used in years hahaha. Are you using the stock pump, or did you go with the Solas?

Heck yeah, congrats! Each build seems to be a different as each iteration has some changes, and we had a few head scratchers on ours. But if you are handy and have patience the reward of the ride is worth it. They are SO planted, we get crushed in the corners on our wee little legs that haven't been used in years hahaha. Are you using the stock pump, or did you go with the Solas?
I have used both H2O torrent and Solas pumps on my previous builds so my gut says go with an AM 12 vein setup but my donor ski is minty so I might start with the stock 148 (the motor is 1500cc after all....biggest I had so far is a TPE 1100,) so we shall see. :)....whats your experience on this......shipping and import duties doubles everything in cost to get it here so I am trying to choose my battles.....going with a Blowsion pole setup as well....really strong and quality is exceptional.

How’d you get a black hood is it the stock one just painted? What steering setup is that?
gonna say VK Composites.
Yes, VK Composites carbon fiber.

The steering is a Riva over pivot kit (virtually same as RRP) combined with a steering cable with more throw and bracket kit I got from @tomski. A huge handling improvement.

IMG_1406.jpeg

I wrote about the cable and bracket here:

https://www.x-h2o.com/threads/front-sponsons-for-4-stroke-superjet.207431/post-2130317

Also for that steering upgrade @Aquaholic had mentioned that he filed off the nub on the front of the stock handlebar plate. I did this with that job too. Some details for that here:

Post in thread 'Different strokes'
https://www.x-h2o.com/threads/different-strokes.206221/post-2135360

btw - that entire “Different strokes” thread is a great read for SJ4 owners.

Yes, VK Composites carbon fiber.

The steering is a Riva over pivot kit (virtually same as RRP) combined with a steering cable with more throw and bracket kit I got from @tomski. A huge handling improvement.

View attachment 448260

I wrote about the cable and bracket here:

https://www.x-h2o.com/threads/front-sponsons-for-4-stroke-superjet.207431/post-2130317

Also for that steering upgrade @Aquaholic had mentioned that he filed off the nub on the front of the stock handlebar plate. I did this with that job too. Some details for that here:

Post in thread 'Different strokes'
https://www.x-h2o.com/threads/different-strokes.206221/post-2135360

btw - that entire “Different strokes” thread is a great read for SJ4 owners.
Where did you get that handlebar pad? @segmentlime

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
Picked up a '24 SJ on Wednesday, just in time for the weekend. Put about 5-6 hours on it. I had a blast riding it, its a great power to weight/size ski for riding on Lake St Clair. Waiting on some Prowatercraft goodies, Riva stage 1 kit, OVP steering and some Blowsion goodies to arrive soon. I rode a bone stock SJ two summers ago and wasn't really impressed, but I have come to the conclusion that this ski must have had the snot kicked out of it and the pump was used as a meat grinder, because my bone stock ski was much more fun to ride. The test ski didn't seem to have nearly the power and it cavitated like crazy compared to my ski. Excited to get this ski put together with the new parts and give it a run. I rode more this weekend than I have the past 2 summers combined. Feels good to be back.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Picked up a '24 SJ on Wednesday, just in time for the weekend. Put about 5-6 hours on it. I had a blast riding it, its a great power to weight/size ski for riding on Lake St Clair. Waiting on some Prowatercraft goodies, Riva stage 1 kit, OVP steering and some Blowsion goodies to arrive soon. I rode a bone stock SJ two summers ago and wasn't really impressed, but I have come to the conclusion that this ski must have had the snot kicked out of it and the pump was used as a meat grinder, because my bone stock ski was much more fun to ride. The test ski didn't seem to have nearly the power and it cavitated like crazy compared to my ski. Excited to get this ski put together with the new parts and give it a run. I rode more this weekend than I have the past 2 summers combined. Feels good to be back.
I bet your feet hurt as bad as mine do after a long ride!!!!!!! Stock Turf is brutal.

Hope to get time to install my HT this week.......
Make sure you post a pic or two been debating between this or the jettrim, I feel like if I ride in the ocean salt a lot HT is easier to clean and get the salt out of instead of soaking it up like the JT

I was out of the game for last 8 years or so. I was very excited to pick up a RN superjet this year and get back on the water. I never even considered a 4s because i thought 1) they are pug fugly 2) it must be just a couch with a handlepole and 3) the price to own something so lame solidified my thoughts.

Well i must say, the look has grown on me. And the real world feedback and videos of "real ski" riders kind of has me eating my words. Id love to ride one and see what its about. I mostly freeride, slalom course, freighter wakes ect. No flips or 360s. These skis look like a blast for what i do.

Ive never even seen one in real life around here

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
I have one too, 2021. @Big Kahuna, glad to see you got one. I think they're pretty underrated. Tons of fun with the right mods if you're not trying to compare it to a GP ski! I spent a lot more time on the SJ4 this year after selling my GP1R in April...

58092a90b696e58a525377b9ba87e55f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom