Freestyle How not to demo a KDX Xscream 900

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
If any demo ski failed in anyway doing a backflop I would rather find out before not buying it, other then hitting things like bottom or another ski/boat it's pretty hard to damage a ski...not including hydro locking or a WOT gone wrong

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
If any demo ski failed in anyway doing a backflop I would rather find out before not buying it, other then hitting things like bottom or another ski/boat it's pretty hard to damage a ski...not including hydro locking or a WOT gone wrong

Be sure to ask about flotation. That has been an issue or 10 for people.

so many :):):):) talkers and no one was there but steven and i. chad from xscrem was egging us both on to try and flip after we told him and pat we have never before. pat even wanted us to show some potential clients the video so they could see what a total rookie could even try. haha this board is hilarious.

Yep, I was talking to Chad and he grabbed Steven (who I'd never met before) to show us the video and was laughing about it. Some of the companies out there honestly used these as demo skis for the average person that may be interested in a hull soon. From trying a few out I knew right away what ones felt more comfortable to me and which ones would not work. However I saw some of the guys from the companies tell people to give tricks a try, especially if they had never tried to flip before.

On Monday I was at body beach. Malone was cool and I just wanted to feel the different hulls, not try anything crazy (plus I messed up my knee earlier in the day and was limited by pain and movement) and I took a short ride on the 1200 he had. As I came back to the beach he told me to go out and ride more and play with it a bit...too bad the battery died right after he told me that. He was all for people trying his hull as well.

Yep, I was talking to Chad and he grabbed Steven (who I'd never met before) to show us the video and was laughing about it. Some of the companies out there honestly used these as demo skis for the average person that may be interested in a hull soon. From trying a few out I knew right away what ones felt more comfortable to me and which ones would not work. However I saw some of the guys from the companies tell people to give tricks a try, especially if they had never tried to flip before.

On Monday I was at body beach. Malone was cool and I just wanted to feel the different hulls, not try anything crazy (plus I messed up my knee earlier in the day and was limited by pain and movement) and I took a short ride on the 1200 he had. As I came back to the beach he told me to go out and ride more and play with it a bit...too bad the battery died right after he told me that. He was all for people trying his hull as well.

Badass! Nice to meet you on the X too!

These hulls were made to do that stuff. I told everyone who wanted to ride my ski to try and flip it...but they had to wear my helmet. Otherwise they keep on thinking that backflips look so easy. They go out and try and it changes their perspective.

It's nice to hear the different manufacturers are letting the average guys go for real test rides. I need to go down there one of these years.

tensecrnr

boost everything

yep joe eric malone was a super nice guy...and the aereil 8 1200 we rode was awesome...also daniel martin(the new amatuer world champ) was nice rode his ski too...
i heard a couple people that was builders and owners of the ski.s when i rode there stuff i said dont worry im just gonna try it ...and see how i like the hull...no flips or rolls almost everybody.s ski i rode they said its demo day its business flip roll it what ever we dont care...but ive found out for me i dont like to till im used to the ski... the aereil 8 1200 i felt comfortable after about 1 min... but not saying dont go out and try it...my friend chris demo rode the g3k 850 bob and rolled it and flipped it and has never rode a am hull...

I think if you are good enough to roll/flip a ski, you shouldn't hesitate to put a demo ski through it's paces. Thats what it's for. But on the other hand if you can't roll/flip, I wouldnt take the opportunity to learn on someone else's dime, unless your invited to.

Regarding the OP, it was a nice attempt! How did you like the hull/ powerplant?

Top Bottom