how to prevent back pain

my pole is -2.5 shorter ,. does anyone facing a back pain of the shorter pole ?

am asking if it matters or effects on the back ?

if anyone got some good excersices to prevent this ? :bananalama:

meatball

User Title Unavailable
crunches, and swimming laps and swimming in general is the best exercise possible (as it supports your back), but anything that works abs or lower back in general in order to strengthen it is what my doctor recommended. I normally do laps and some sit-ups and crunches and thats enough.

brett

-------------
you get used to it once you develop the right muscles. my back hurt for a long when i shortened thhe pole and now its not an issue

TB

NOTHING IS EVER PROMISED
if your backs hurting you try this

seadoo4.jpg

sorry couldn't resist:clown:

Gainera2582

Power and Agility
strengthen abdominal and back but really strengthen the legs. I find most people have back injuries because they load their backs rather than let their legs do the work. In essence, their backs are strong but fatigued and overworked, and their legs are weak.

Always squat down and grasp a weight vs bending slightly and rounding your back to pick something up. You want your legs to do the work, where the back is more of a stabilizer.

AquaToy

Jay-Are
sorry about the delay in my response to this thread......im just a lil fish in this new jet ski world.....but as for your back....everything they are saying as for excercises is totally correct, but the number one thing we can all do to prevent back pains is easy......Just Stretch before you ride.....i swear by it......next time you go out, spend about a good 15 minutes stretching all of your muscles and really get them loose.....youll see that you will last longer, and the aches in the lower back especially will be gone. I find that if i just get excited, and hop on my ski and hit the water, the cool water tightens up my muscles and then all the hopping around pulls em.....kinda like a conflict and before you know i gotta aching back......just my two cents....hope it helps.......

Jay-Are

Last edited:

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Another simple but important thing is to remember to bend your legs while riding.
A flat landing without your legs bent to absorb the shock can ruin your day, especially if you are leaning forward with your back straight (like with your feet in footholds).

Top Bottom