how-to turf with no seems.

Im looking to turf my ski this weekend and bought the pre cut turf. it has a full sheet for the sides and i am going to try and do a seemless mold into the footholds. Do you glue the turf on the sides before molding it into the holds and doing the cutting? Also where do you start glueing? watched the wamiltons video and he started from the top and see some pictures started from the bottom

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
It doesn't matter if you start from the top or bottom while glueing. I always glue the foot hold then glue the back if the turf wait for it to dry completely then install . And heat as you go .
Start at the top of the gunall and shape the turf as needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to bring such an old thread back up, but for the guys that got there ski's painted, do you still sand the fresh paint? I'm hesitant to take 40 grit to my freshly painted ski as I feel like it'll easily remove the new paint, I know it's not going to be visible but it still hurts lol. Obviously I'd only sand where the turf is going. Do you think the factory scuffs it first too?

Sorry to bring such an old thread back up, but for the guys that got there ski's painted, do you still sand the fresh paint? I'm hesitant to take 40 grit to my freshly painted ski as I feel like it'll easily remove the new paint, I know it's not going to be visible but it still hurts lol. Obviously I'd only sand where the turf is going. Do you think the factory scuffs it first too?
Yes, scuff it. :)

On a SJ with Wamiltons footholds, how "easy" is the Hydroturf 751F precut kit. Watching the 8 yr old Wamilton video it looks like you have to do some free hand tracing and cutting to get the turf to lay inside the footholds.

Just watched a newer video on YouTube from 8months ago and it looked like they used the kit from HT and just rolled it all the way around the footholds without having to cut. Making it seamless???

Really like the idea of the kit, I know how my projects turn out when I I have to get creative(i.e. buying a sheet and going from scratch)

Top Bottom