Other Hydroturf two tone mat

Has anyone used Hydroturfs new two tone red mat? My last experience with the red turf was terrible, it turned to pink eventualy. After looking at some pictures it appears to be darker now. Can anyone chime in?

Thanks
Chris

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I haven't used the red, but I can tell you that I am not at all impressed with the two-tone in general. The top layer comes off way too easily, leaving you with slippery single tone turf. :soapbox:

I have done a few turf jobs on the side. I did one two tone and will never do another one. He had the top color come off in a couple of places after only his first ride. Solid colors for me! Even though the two tone can look sweet.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Only looks good before its used. Never again. Maybe for a chinpad or rails but nothing that your feet touch.

the last batch of 2 tone i got appears to be better than previous it looks like the top colour is died not 2 layers bonded that was with black over yellow anyway.

Matty

I have a season down on my red turf, still looks close to new, slightly faded. I think I will wear out the turf before it turns pink.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I have to agree with everyone on the 2-tone, it is utter dog sh*t.

Every ski I have ever seen or turfed with it loses the top layer within a ride or two.

It blows my mind that Hydroturf sold this stuff for double the price too... Pay more for turf that falls apart in 1% of the time it takes for normal one color to wear out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom