I did it! The v3

Have a 701 61x with electronics on a shelf and a 144 and solas impellar. Getting painted in orange and set up for a pfp (i guess if i get a bigger engine setup.) Suppose to be here around march. Excited. I skipped getting a superjet all together which may or may not be a mistake, but iv always wanted to go this direction. Im sure ill be asking for help alot seein as how this is my first am build, so thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_110838_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_110838_Chrome.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20240110_135613_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_135613_Chrome.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 152
Have a 701 61x with electronics on a shelf and a 144 and solas impellar. Getting painted in orange and set up for a pfp (i guess if i get a bigger engine setup.) Suppose to be here around march. Excited. I skipped getting a superjet all together which may or may not be a mistake, but iv always wanted to go this direction. Im sure ill be asking for help alot seein as how this is my first am build, so thanks in advance!
It will be more expensive than you think for sure, take time to research the right parts so you only "buy once, cry once", there are alot of people on here who can help so post the build in the build section. Good luck!

I'm not 100% sure about this but, When you get a ski built for PFP I think the hull mount anchors are placed in a way that sets you up to run a smaller fuel tank+battery holder and a waterbox where the battery would normally go. If you are trying to run a 61x with a Superjet style tank and battery, this might be difficult. Im sure somebody can chime in and verify this or offer more accurate info..

Love my new v3 carbon great skies
0bc18b70f7aa429dc49710f91cb12e1b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Its currently built. Unfortunately shipping from tigercraft rn to the PRC is over 900 bucks and tony and i are in agreement that its way too overpriced and that it will come down. I told him to hold onto it as long as he needs too im trying to save as much money as i can as my first purchase is likely going to be a powerfactor pipe and a jetmaniac 62t motor.

The idea is to build it for the surf but it will see the lake/river also. Its an inbetween ski from my understanding which is not the best for one or the other but still alot of capability to do both.

I knew exactly what i was getting into when i bought a blank hull, just know it took me close to a year to save the initial purchase so it will likely take about that if not more to get it together so i will probably go in the record book for slowest AM build in history. That being said i will post everything and closely document everything as its done or needs to be done in a build thread.

Last edited:
Of the available tigercraft hulls, I liked the v3 and the sv1 the best for a dual use lake/surf ski. The v3 is pretty loose in the rear. I have 2 friends with v3s and 1 with a sv1 and sv pro.. the v3 is very close in length to my superfreak badass 4.3. Both v3s have 701s, 38s, mod bpipes with the supporting bolt ons. One is running a 155 oem pump with a 6/12 the other a Solas 144 mag with a bored nozzle and a 9/15 hooker. The 144 pump ski is super loose I think a 10/16 will make it right. The 155 pump ski is loose too but not as loose as the 144 pump ski. Just something to consider when building yours..

Attachments

• Snapchat-1113547826.jpg
    Snapchat-1113547826.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Snapchat-1412215625.jpg
    Snapchat-1412215625.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 25
Of the available tigercraft hulls, I liked the v3 and the sv1 the best for a dual use lake/surf ski. The v3 is pretty loose in the rear. I have 2 friends with v3s and 1 with a sv1 and sv pro.. the v3 is very close in length to my superfreak badass 4.3. Both v3s have 701s, 38s, mod bpipes with the supporting bolt ons. One is running a 155 oem pump with a 6/12 the other a Solas 144 mag with a bored nozzle and a 9/15 hooker. The 144 pump ski is super loose I think a 10/16 will make it right. The 155 pump ski is loose too but not as loose as the 144 pump ski. Just something to consider when building yours..
Noted. I was planning on running the 148 solas mag pump right off the bat. Iv heard that they do ride loose a little. I suppose if its too loose ill rectify with a larger pump.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I was looking for that crazy 650sx plate with the huge fin, but found that pic of the home made 550 plate instead. :)

Top Bottom