I hate all of you!

So... a little older.. a little wiser... I thought I have had my fun with water sports..Most of my stuff was in storage.. Then, while browsing the web, I find this place. That was two weeks ago. Pull the X-2 out see what it needs to run. Buy a battery, compression check shows 30 in rear cylinder. Pull the head and barrels off, piston is scuffed and ring is stuck. Ok I say to myself, couple of bucks for new pistons, cylinders looks good and I will be back in business! Oh wait. ProX does not make the 1.5 pistons anymore. Well, clean up the piston and rings, hone it and I will slap it back together. I have no money for new 2.0 pistons and boring that accompanies it. Get her back together and get a quick reading on compression... Woo hoo 170psi in both cylinders.. Replace all the fuel lines, add a bilge pump. She fires right up. Now just need a little tuning.. I cannot wait to get back on the water! This site was a great resource for all the info I have forgotten over the years. Thank you all...... But I still hate you!

Some details on my boat.
  1. 1990 X-2
  2. Rad billet crank
  3. 1.5 over Pro-X pistons
  4. MRD girdle head
  5. MRD fuel injection
  6. UMI steering
  7. PJS grate
  8. PJS ride plate.
  9. immpeller (do not know make or pitch)
  10. Hood mods

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
I only wish I had got away from it years ago! The money pit...You always need(ok want) something better and faster.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
A boat is just a hole in the water to throw money in. Good thing they are so enjoyable or we might wise up. Welcome to the X!

So Cal. Work in Los Angeles. Live in Riverside. Spending money is what got me out of skiing..Now I have a good job, family, making more then i have ever made, but... at the end of the month.. still $100.00 Short.
I would love to put a 750 in her. But it will have to wait. I am heading up to Pismo at the end of the month, gonna bring the stock reliable 550, and my moody B!@#h. Have not played with the injection in a while.. had to relearn the settings and adjustments. I lost my flush kit, so i will need to pick one up so i can get some run time before putting her in the water. If all goes well, i might try Puddingstone on Friday morning on my way home from work.

Thanks for the welcome. I love reading about your builds. I will get some pics up soon.

Well she runs. Sounds good. cannot tune it til i have a load on the motor. The only major issue is , my JetPro pipe likes to slip off the boot. Have to reweld the braket to make it work. Hopefully get a couple of test runs in before Pismo.

Attachments

• DSC00369.jpg
    DSC00369.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00370.jpg
    DSC00370.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom