FX-1 I just can't get in to it..!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
i think that prop pitch is fine for an fx-1. they use a higher pitch prop because it does not have a 144 mm pump. the fx-1 pump is way smaller.

so the typical 12/17, 13/16 or whatever pitch that sj guys run does not pertain to the fx-1 pump.

im sure someone who actually has an fx-1 can verify this

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Don't panic GBK, The FX is somewhat of a challenge to ride...that's why we like them. Take a few minutes and think about why you are falling. Are you just slowly leaning over and pulling the handle pole down to the side? The FX is a lot narrower than other ski's, therefore you should position your weight (now think about this) in a more neutral position. Also use the steering nozzle (jet blast) to aid in this balance correction. I see people ride the FX, and one of the biggest mistakes they make is not making the balance correction. They start to lean...more...more...then crash. Work on technique first, then add speed later.

Not knowing the basics about riding, then trying to hit the surf is frustrating and hazardous. I would stay away from that until things come together. It's all about FUN and most good riders have spent countless hours practicing. Every time I go out riding, I learn something new.

Give yourself a big pat on the back...You have a nice ski there...now go out and ride. :veryhappy:

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
The way you described your riding sounds exactly like mine when I first started riding standup (SJ). If you just keep going out there and riding, it will come to you in time. The more you ride, the more familiar it becomes and things just start to fall into place.

I rode quite a while before I felt comfortable turning, which is wierd cause I'm used to a B1 but anyway.. Just stick with it for a few more rides!

my first ride on an fx1........this is at our freshwater test pond..aka "the crack pond"...this is where they dump all the dead hookers

It took me all of 15 seconds to fall in love with it and fall out of love with my superjet

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 75
  • fxm2.jpg
    fxm2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 102

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
my first ride on an fx1........this is at our freshwater test pond..aka "the crack pond"...this is where they dump all the dead hookers

It took me all of 15 seconds to fall in love with it and fall out of love with my superjet

After riding my FX for years, then jumping on a SJ for 15 seconds...I was like...here's your Superjet back. It felt like a sluggish "turd". Sorry SJ guys...it was a first ride impression.

I will post some pictures of my FX1 later... I has undergone a full rebuild that is quite extensive.

Could it be that I am not getting any weight over the front? I did shorten the pole by an inch and a half, but I am thinking I might cut another inch or so from it. I could be clutching at straws like... lol

The Pictures

One of me riding her in a straight line... lol

Attachments

• 21102008100.jpg
    21102008100.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 21102008105.jpg
    21102008105.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 28092008095.jpg
    28092008095.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF0017a.jpg
    DSCF0017a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 118

Melmack

(Timothy)
You'll get it. The key is that that trigger thingie on the right handle bar. It will get you out of trouble fast. Remember how hard it is to go slow on a bike? Same basic thing here, minus the gyroscopic effect. Try giving it a little more gas to start and that should help. I've watched many people try my ski over the past 15 years+. Most peaople just go too darn slow. Take it to a lake and get that down first. Ride on your knees a bit to get the feel for the way it turns. Take your time, don't give up and you will get it.

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
After 7 times riding, it's really coming together. I carved for the first time on # 7. It was a thing of beauty. The water felt like butter.

I can now ride around without falling if I want to. I've been learning the limit to how far the ski can lean. I fall over quite a bit learning that point, but man is it fun. I've been able to drag my butt in the water several times on heal side turns (left for me when riding regular foot stance (left foot forward)). The toe side carve is next on my list to learn to do well. It seems a bit harder as you can't get real low turning that direction.

Every time I learn soo much.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Once you master the FX-1, all other skis feel easy to ride. I've got a challenge for you, learn the leg drag turn!!

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
I fell off mine constantly for the first 2 hours, then learned to turn in surf stance, once i got that down it was the most fun ski i had been on. I still fall every once in awhile cuz i forget im not on my friend sj. lol

Top Bottom