I need your opinion.

I think both the seller and buyer lacked a bit of common sense on this deal.

The seller should have had things lined up with the title and hull. Everything should have been clearly stated and the buyer should have been fully aware of what the condition of the parts were.

The buyer should have fully inspected it..not just taken the sellers word. People say whatever they have to in order to sell something (example "It was owned by an elderly woman its whole life..has less than 10 hours!!...or maybe they would use pictures of a motor from a different ski that look much cleaner...)

The seller should have pulled the battery before selling. Either way..once money is exchanged and the title has been signed..a deal is a deal. If there was a bag full of money inside the ski, it would be the buyers money.

I say take it as a lesson learned...both of you.

Last edited:

The seller should have had things lined up with the title and hull. Everything should have been clearly stated and the buyer should have been fully aware of what the condition of the parts were.

The buyer should have fully inspected it..not just taken the sellers word. People say whatever they have to in order to sell something (example "It was owned by an elderly woman its whole life..has less than 10 hours!!...or maybe they would use pictures of a motor from a different ski that look much cleaner...)

The seller should have pulled the battery before selling. Either way..once money is exchanged and the title has been signed..a deal is a deal. If there was a bag full of money inside the ski, it would be the buyers money.

x2

the thing is, i didnt talk to the buyer at all, threw out all this it was fox i talked to cause he was gonna be doing all the work to the ski and he knew what was up with it all before i meet them in orlando, i did tell the buyer that the ski will be comming with a 93 kawasaki title, so he knew, when we got there i said i need the battery back but after i started it and me and fox went threw ski and talked bout it we then did the deal and got to talking bout going and getting lunch and just got tied up and forgot, im just asking him to be a good guy and buyer and just send me my battery back, i said id pay for the shipping, he just isnt sending it cause he thinks he had to spend a few bucks to buy some lil parts that he knew wernt on the ski, that he should just keep my battery and me get screwed

its just the point to be a nice guy and a fello jetskier and send my stuff back, i mean if someone was in my shoes id want the help and being a fello x2er, id send it back

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Buyer - You say you left and did not know that it was missing parts. That is your fault and yours only.

Seller - Did you list the ski as a running ski? If so it should have had all the parts to make it a running ski. Battery would be included unless you openly stated it was not part of the deal.

Buyer - If seller told you that the battery was not part of the deal, then do the right thing and send it back.

Seller - I just sold my SXR right before Daytona, I went to charge up the battery, it was toast. Guess what, When the guy came to get it, it had a brand new AGM battery sitting in it fully charged that cost me $90.00 the day before. You just sold a ski, go buy a battery.

Buyer - You say you left and did not know that it was missing parts. That is your fault and yours only.

Seller - Did you list the ski as a running ski? If so it should have had all the parts to make it a running ski. Battery would be included unless you openly stated it was not part of the deal.

Buyer - If seller told you that the battery was not part of the deal, then do the right thing and send it back.

Seller - I just sold my SXR right before Daytona, I went to charge up the battery, it was toast. Guess what, When the guy came to get it, it had a brand new AGM battery sitting in it fully charged that cost me $90.00 the day before. You just sold a ski, go buy a battery.
i was the seller and i stated when we was there that it was mine i needed it back i only kept it in ski to start it for them, yes like i said i forgot it but it was by accident, buyer knew when we stood there that ski didnt have lil trim rod on the end of cable and it needed throttle cable, we went over this before he handed me money, i put ski together few weeks before he bought it, i told him i never put it in my lake and ran it, that it will start up and run but havnt water rode it, but thats not the case, i forgot it in the ski and he knew it wasnt part of deal and im just asking for it back thats all and he doesnt want to send it cause he had to spend 50 bucks or so on a few parts that he knew the ski didnt have so he thinks its far to keep my battery casue he had to spend some money on the parts that he is saying that he didnt know the ski was missing when we sat there in orlando and went over what the ski didnt have and he saw me and fox go over the ski

for real, instead of getting on a message board, pick up the phone and call. Work something out.
well i would but he posted this asking for other peoples opin. when it is betwen me and him and it isnt anyones call but ours and second i didnt ever deal with him it was foximus i delt with so i dont have chris's number to call, i delt with fox cause he was gonna do the work for chris on his ski

Bajavw

Be healthy Eat your Honey
Sounds to me like the X2 at $800 maybe wasn't that great of a deal, without a Battery and needing a $100 worth of parts just to get it running. X2's are a pretty easy find for $500 Running and quite often with a few if not more aftermarket parts on it. So take the $800 buy another one For $500 take the battery from it and find someone else to pay you $800 for it again, but remember to keep your Battery this time. You will be rolling in cash soon. My 2 cents.

Sounds to me like the X2 at $800 maybe wasn't that great of a deal, without a Battery and needing a $100 worth of parts just to get it running. X2's are a pretty easy find for $500 Running and quite often with a few if not more aftermarket parts on it. So take the $800 buy another one For $500 take the battery from it and find someone else to pay you $800 for it again, but remember to keep your Battery this time. You will be rolling in cash soon. My 2 cents.
the ski WAS RUNNING FINE, it just didnt have throttle cable and trim rod end, u let me know where u can find a 750 x2 with full elec, with wc pipe, intake grate, prop, bars, finger throttle, chopped rear, for 500, lmk please when u find that deal, i dont even find 650 stockers for that much, so go check again maybe bud if not send me those deals

the ski WAS RUNNING FINE, it just didnt have throttle cable and trim rod end, u let me know where u can find a 750 x2 with full elec, with wc pipe, intake grate, prop, bars, finger throttle, chopped rear, for 500, lmk please when u find that deal, i dont even find 650 stockers for that much, so go check again maybe bud if not send me those deals

There were just two X2's posted up the other day on craigslist...both with UMI steering and lots of other mods for $500....on a double trailer.

X2's go cheap. I commonly see them with the 650's but plenty of other mods for $400 in my area.

You lost your battery...deal with it. At this point I highly doubt the guy is going to mail it back.

There were just two X2's posted up the other day on craigslist...both with UMI steering and lots of other mods for $500....on a double trailer.

X2's go cheap. I commonly see them with the 650's but plenty of other mods for $400 in my area.

You lost your battery...deal with it. At this point I highly doubt the guy is going to mail it back.
wow... there isnt nothing that cheap around here or anywhere i see them, damn i need to go up there

Top Bottom