I want my 550/750 conversion to backflip. Help and give opinions

38 Mikunis can be set up real nice.

Well I am interested to see what you can accomplish with this set up you're putting together. Race gas and that compression is extremely overkill for that pipe though. A dried out stock 650 pipe doesn't change the fact that its a 650 pipe. And I hope its not totally dry. That will be the major limiting factor here though. None of us who have successful 750 conversion skis use that pipe. Its just not big enough.

Sure a dry pipe or even the 750 limited pipe will be hard to fit, but you asked what it would take. You need a good pipe to have fun. You need an insane pipe with this configuration to get close to flipping.

Also a really good freestyle port job BTW. That with stock sxr Mikunis and Advent T3 are an amazing set up. Is your engine ported?

Has your ski in this configuration been on the water yet? Are you using a 650 or 750 pump? What impeller?

Anyway have fun with it and let us know how it goes. If you want more feedback start a thread in the vintage section on pwct and see what the responses are.

And a pwctoday thread. This is one of the more recent. Perhaps start off boat wakes and work yourself down from there. Also there was some JS850 I believe from Japan that had a massive amount of custom work done. I am trying to remember if he flipped his ski. I'll see if I can find the link.

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=405415

Oh, here it is. Now I'll see if I can find the vid. If there's any 550 out there capable of a flat water backflip, its this ski.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/kawasaki_js/folder/186259.html?m=lc&p=1

Last edited:
650 pump, gonna use a hooker impeller for bottom end snap, ADA head with 24cc domes for 210 psi, tbm flywheel may be in line... Factory b pipe or PJS 650 pipe at the least, yes my cylinders are ported.. I'll squeeze as Mich power as I can!! Gonna require some moola though. A Freind of mine copy's rickter hulls for $2300 a piece in carbon/Kevlar and glass.... Maybe have him fit it for a kwal engine ??

650 pump, gonna use a hooker impeller for bottom end snap, ADA head with 24cc domes for 210 psi, tbm flywheel may be in line... Factory b pipe or PJS 650 pipe at the least, yes my cylinders are ported.. I'll squeeze as Mich power as I can!! Gonna require some moola though. A Freind of mine copy's rickter hulls for $2300 a piece in carbon/Kevlar and glass.... Maybe have him fit it for a kwal engine ??
Probably be best if you don't talk about your friend lol. Anyways I'm telling you if you go to pwc today you will actually get replies instead of posting 6 times for one reply. The four of us replying are on pwctoday. Just take our advice if you want more help sign up. They are more kawasaki oriented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious reply here. If you want to flip a j's hull yes you can. Find a big ass wave and huck it! Be prepared to rebuild the hull when you are done. That's being optimistic and you
Land it. Fail more then once and you might as well start stock piling hulls. It can be done yes, will it cost a small fortune, yes.

Serious reply here. If you want to flip a j's hull yes you can. Find a big ass wave and huck it! Be prepared to rebuild the hull when you are done. That's being optimistic and you
Land it. Fail more then once and you might as well start stock piling hulls. It can be done yes, will it cost a small fortune, yes.
I won't argue scraggly. When I attempt it we will see.

I've decided-- carbon fiber layer on outside of ski hull, on bottom. And inner carbon fiber hull reinforcement like what they do to surf superjets. Got a great deal on 50' x 10ft of 5.7 oz 3k carbon/ Kevlar twill weave favric . now just gotta use it! The reason why my hull was heavy is the waterlogged foam :( I'll defoam it as well and cut blocks of polystyrene to defoam. Also cutting the back of my hull on an angle if you know what I'm talking about. I'm going to try and keep the carbon fiber work really clean and nice so I can just sand a little with 320 and clear coat.

Right now I've got a built 1990 an sj. Girdled head, 61x top end, footholds, racing style sponsoons, Blowsion bar and steering setup, new turf, had uncle paint it (he paints all my skis, always comes out flawless), Solas mag pump, 13/18 Solas concord cut back -4mm and impros race finish. Ride plate, intake grate, idk all the basics and more. Engine I kept close to stock with just the girdled head and filter so I could get the most reliability. Fires up instantly!

Top Bottom