I work on them more than I ride!!!

Is it just me or do you all work on the dam things more than you ride them!!!!!

I need to find one that just goes. Is fast as hell and just goes you know what I am talking about.

I have to of them and they have been down for weeks. I spend and they still will not work. I think I am going mad!!

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
You need a 4 stroke Yamaha couch. Push green button and go.

I'm pretty sure I could beat one into needing constant maintinance.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
I think we all have this feeling at some time or another.
It sucks...but eventually you'll end up with a brand new motor as you
replace it a piece at a time, and it will be reliable again LOL.... *groan*

WRX Dave

Freestyle poser
Spend money on good parts and it won't break down nearly as much. My SJ kept crapping out on me, so I put about a grand into it all at once replacing worn-out parts. Now it's as reliable as I could ask for.

Low-cost, reliability, and performance... pick two, cause you can't have all three.

Spend money on good parts and it won't break down nearly as much. My SJ kept crapping out on me, so I put about a grand into it all at once replacing worn-out parts. Now it's as reliable as I could ask for.

Low-cost, reliability, and performance... pick two, cause you can't have all three.

yeap...and use new or proven electricals..

I dont hardly work on my skis at all since I stopped used junk parts....but at least 10-15 gallons EVERY weekend!

itismejoshy

I Do What I Can...
ya, work on em all week to ride sat or sunday then work on em all week to ride sat or sunday...never ending story....i have been down 3 weeks now and finnaly got all my parts in fri morning spent all fri (12 hours) workin on the ski only to crimp and ruin my last o-ring head gasket upon installing it, and no one in town has any!! so another weekend of no riding for a $1.30 part!!

I am with Matt_E on this one had my motor built at a pro-shop and have been running it since last October. The only issues’s stupid steering cable in Pismo and new OEM starter in March. Went through 100 gallon of fuel in 17 days of riding. So you can build a ski that will run strong with vary little to no wrenching.
Just an FYI I spend most my time in the surf riding year around. I rode every weekend from February until August and sometimes riding multiple days in a row, hence the 100 gallons for 17 days of riding.

kraqus

Site Supporter
That is why I have 2 skis....actually 3 counting my B1.
I am reinforcing the hull on my RN so she is out of commission right now.
I am not touching the other 2 until my RN is complete and back in the water.

Benny

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
That is why I have 2 skis....actually 3 counting my B1.

That used to be my philosophy.
However, I found that it's more time consuming and expensive to go that route instead of having just ONE reliable, good ski.
JMHO.

Well I just dont know what to do. I just want one to run. The prob is that I want a ton of power as well.

As for a new ski that does not mean it will stay togeth. I have a frind that got newer ski 2007 and yep a rod went out and took the hole motor with it. Now he is screwed. It is a sxr and there is now motors out there.

I was going to get a stock new sj. They are just so dang slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if I am going to spend 12k or more the dam thing better do a flat back flip!!!!!!
I dont think a 780 or so will do that. I am 6'6" and 240 LB. I am not small ha ha..

Last edited:

tbaer

USMC
team scream motor and carbs, jss electronics, then you will have a ski that you almost never have to work on. ride it flush it park it til next weekend and repeat. Spend the money now too save money in the future. This is my next step

Two things the way I see it.

1. It is a toy. You have to remember that. If you can't or don't want to work on it yourself, you need to be able to pay for someone else to do it.

2. The farther you get away from stock, the more #1 above applies in most cases

But damn it is fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom